The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: identified source of coolant leak, but whats this piece called?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    ZiplokeR

identified source of coolant leak, but whats this piece called?

i cant remove this piece cuz its connected to a pipe that comes from the waterpump area, besides thatm, theres 3 bolts holding it in. How can i detatch it??thanks for any help.

Is that the peice that is mounted to the head right beside the intake manifold if so you just need to get a whole new thermostat housingthere are three bolts that hold it to the head

Its called the "water outlet".

ZiplokeR
    yes, I got the three bolts off that u mentioned, but when i tried pulling it out, i noticed that there was a long pipe connected to it that goes to where the water pump on the other side of the engine, how do i detatch it from that long pipe?

thanks again for helping my newbie @$$

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    thats the water outlet and water pipe

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

ZiplokeR
    i forgot to mention its a 2.4L. I just found this diagram.
    The screwed up part i showd in the pic is #6 in the diagram. But how can i detatch #6 from #10? i wasent sure so i diddent wana break anything. i eneded up putting everything backtogether and put some j-b weld on the hole and hopefully that'll do the trick. its drying over nite. but is that doesent work i wanted to know how to pull that sucker out.

thanks again

it doesnt remove its a permeanent fixture

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I think you should be able to just pull it off. The only thing holding it on there is an O-ring between #6 and #10. It can be pretty difficult to pull off though

I'm also leaking water form this same spot. I see water droping from one of the bolts everytime I turn the car off and I'm losing about a 1/4 gallon every day. Has anyone ever fixed this problem? Could it be the thermostat O-ring?