The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: boost creep!!!

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

boost creep!!!

does anybody know of any solution to stop boost creep. i have a 98 galant with the sohc 4g64 with a 14b turbo, full 3inch magna flow exhaust. jpipe nipple to wastegate nipple i see 8 psi but with the 3inch exhaust it creeps bad possible porting of the 02 housing or shimming the wastegate? just seeing what you guys would think. dont have the money to spend on an externally gated setup. any input would be helpful

port the o2 housing and the turbo housing
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    port the o2 housing and the turbo housing
    or get bigger housings off of the 16'g turbos because they have slightly bigger housings. then port them as well

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Are you reaching fuel cut? if so get bigger injectors to compensate for the creep. or back of your psi, and have your waste gate open sooner. i take it you have a manual boost controller. 8psi would be kind of high for stock sohc injectors. and i doubt your stock ecu set up is looking to compensate more fuel for the increase in boost. but then, if you researched all those things you wouldn't be living up to your name... would you

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    Are you reaching fuel cut? if so get bigger injectors to compensate for the creep. or back of your psi, and have your waste gate open sooner. i take it you have a manual boost controller. 8psi would be kind of high for stock sohc injectors. and i doubt your stock ecu set up is looking to compensate more fuel for the increase in boost. but then, if you researched all those things you wouldn't be living up to your name... would you
    its impossible for the stock 240cc or 270cc injectors (one of them 2) to keep up with boost. there is no way he is running boost on stock 4g64 injectors.

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I think Mickeyturbo97 had a 14b at 8psi with stock injectors. It wouls cut off at 3-4k rpms at moderate acceleration.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    I think Mickeyturbo97 had a 14b at 8psi with stock injectors. It wouls cut off at 3-4k rpms at moderate acceleration.
    everytime he got near boost it cut out. thats how you blow your motor. i think you could run stock injectors with like 3 psi of boost. but whats the point

the smallest turbo injectors are found on the early eclipse with the 13G turbo. they are 390's.

give us more detailed specs about your set up allrice4g64

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

to start off no!! i dont think anybody in there right state of mind would run boost on stock injectors and they are 275cc stock not 270. and no the spring in the wastegate is a 8 psi spring so i am not running a mbc. i am running dsm blue top 450s out my talon and this turbo is also outa my talon i uprgraded everything in that and i wanted to turbo my galant so i figured i would put these parts to use. back to the orignal question was if anybody knew anyway to stop this 14b from creeping besides using a external setup. it was creeping on my talon up to like 14 psi with 3 inch exhaust and my worry is its most likely gonna creep to that on this galant with 3 inch exhaust. now if i had the supporting mods to run say 12-14 psi great but i dont. 8 psi on this n/a 4g64 is gonna be plenty for the 450s with a super afc and a gm 3 inch maft with translator. besides using a external setup the only thing i could think of was to shim the wastegate so its staying opening most of the time. if i shim it correctly do you guys think this could work?

if you have the flapper shimmed you wont be able to boost right. It will have such a late spool if any. On a side note, Ive never heard of 14b creeping at 8-9 psi on 64 motor. Get the bigger evo3 o2 housing or 2g o2 housing and port it to 2 1/2. Youll hit full boost at 2200 -2400 on 64 motor, it wont have time to creep./unless the wg is going/

I have evo3 o2 housing ported to 2.75 and matched to bullseye internally gated turbo housing, no creep at all.

heres a thread for you:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/turb...ep-solved.html
    Last edited by mko; 02-23-2010 at 12:46 PM

Build Thread

ok thanks mko. this is kinda besides the point but i know a 1g oil pan wont work on my 64 motor for the oil return line but will a 1g with the 7bolt be the same. some 1gs were made with the 7bolt and was wondering if that pan will bolt up to my 64?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    2g pan bolts right up or tap the stock pan
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

will a stock fuel pump outa 2g work or a walbro for a 2g work?

theyll both work, but before i upgraded to evo pump i use to run my stock one and it wasnt even rewired, it worked fine at 9 psi.

Build Thread

is the stock 2g fuel pump the same as my 7g or are they bigger stock?

Experienced TGC Member
    As v-faq tut for a 2g fuel pump then no its not the same. My 7g fuel pump was WAYYY different then the stock 2g in the tutorial. Anways if you get that o2 housing that john posted look at the wastegate port and try your best to port match the wastegate side on the turbo. You cant COMPLETELY do it and you have to taper the hole. If you see the o2 housings side by side youll see what im talking about. To me it seems like it will restrict flow. The way i did mine should help alot though. Good luck!

I should have my stock 2g AWD pump and 7g pump hanging out in the garage. I'll take a look at them. I think they were awfully similar. If it'll work I'll send my turbo pump to you cheap. It will more than handle 8-10 psi of boost.

If you pull the hot side of your turbo off you'll see the waste gate can often be limited in it's swing by a section of the casting (the arm hits the casting). If you grind that out it should swing open to a full 90*. That and a little porting of the waste gate opening should take care of a lot of boost creep issues.
    Last edited by eclipsh; 02-26-2010 at 08:24 AM
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

I currently use a 2g turbo fuel pump without any issue and have set boost at 10-12lbs at times.

I did have to cut the original 7g mount for the fuel pump because the 2g is a little longer and wouldn't totally bolt down. It's a very simple cut with the dremel and haven't had any problems afterwards. I did not do the rewire either.
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eclip...item414c5d071f
    can you afford this?

You won't have even a fraction of boost creep if you run this, and you'll remain internally dumped.
    and you'll flow a ton better than your crappy stock housing.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    thats the one im running john. Its a bitch to install the down pipe on the car. Also use the supplied gasket with some copper seal. the flanges on those things arent perfectly flat. I bolted my OEM gasket on there and there was a gap big enough for me to stick a piece of paper all the way through. So that means there would have been a big exhaust leak. You should port the wastegate side of those as well. If youve ever seen them in person youll know what im talking about.