The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Distributer Rotor blade..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    IllestGalant
    well, from what I hear, the copper plugs don't last as long, but they burn the air fuel mixture more efficiently. I believe this is true. Besides, it takes what? three and a half minutes to do a tune up on our cars

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IllestGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>well, from what I hear, the copper plugs don't last as long, but they burn the air fuel mixture more efficiently. I believe this is true. Â*Besides, it takes what? three and a half minutes to do a tune up on our cars </div>

Actually ive heard the opposite. I heard platinums dont last long and I'm sidding with that argument becuase I can my platinums spark is horribleafter only 2 months of use.

I take it your running platinums? what company and wat type 2,4?
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Kain
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Actually ive heard the opposite. Â*I heard platinums dont last long and I'm sidding with that argument becuase I can my platinums spark is horribleafter only 2 months of use. Â*

I take it your running platinums? what company and wat type 2,4?</div>

I'm running platinum plugs in mine (Splitfires! ) And I pulled them the other day after 10K miles of use/abuse and they still look exactly like they did when I put them in. 1 had to be regapped from 50 to 44 thousandths. I was impressed. I pulled the coppers outta the van after only 9k and they were almost totally destroyed. Bad test I know, but that's what I've got to go on. I still don't really think platinum is worth the $$$

many of the new cars including the 8g v6 use platinum plugs. one of the main reasons they do is because of their long life span. for my car they say every 60k, on my dad's truck they say 10k but yea both are platinum plugs. but i guess it varies for application to application

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    Thats wierd. My copper plugs that I originaly had in for way over 30k where in decent shape. The platinums got carboned up really quick. I think their Bosche wich I know everyone usualy hates maybe thats why.

And yes the coppers were in for 30k and still in good condition.

I will put the ones I got in there now after 10k see what tey look like. Coppers are cheap anyway cost wise, having to change coppers more often then plat. it probably comes out about the same price.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12