The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What can cause low brake pressure??

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    GalantEVOII

What can cause low brake pressure??

So I noticed all of a sudden I have a low brake pressure... I spotted a leak on the driver's side caliper and did the repairs... That stopped the leak... but the low pressure is still there. Do I have to bleed the brakes or am I suffering from an air bubble? My brake fluid reservoir is full and I inspected the braking system for more leaks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    bleeding the brakes will get rid of the air bubble, if there is one

GalantEVOII
    I hope so because the pedal goes to the floor then if I pump it, it gets tough again then it goes to the floor if I don't stop for a while.

haha if you haven't bled the brakes.. that is definately your problem. I would check all 4 calipers if bleeding the one doesn't fix it. Btw it will take 2 people to bleed to brake lines.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

GalantEVOII
    Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    haha if you haven't bled the brakes.. that is definately your problem. I would check all 4 calipers if bleeding the one doesn't fix it. Btw it will take 2 people to bleed to brake lines.

Indeed... this cold weather makes it horrible to fing a brake-bleeding partner haha!!! I'll do it after I finish the drum to disc conversion tomorrow. AutoZone doesn't carry the hoses and I couldn't find anyone that does... BTW I need another Eclipse Wheel like the one in your sig on your G.

Remember to bleed the corner farthest from the master first if bleeding only the caliper you repaired doesnt get rid of the problem.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

GalantEVOII
    That makes sense. Gotcha!!