The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I found another Trunk lip spoiler (from another car)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

I found another Trunk lip spoiler (from another car)

As I was reading Astig's and Cali's trunk lip thread I hit up my local Pick-Apart yard and check out some lip spoilers of my own. Didn't really see much options there but I did catch an eye on an oem lip spoiler from a 91-94 Toyota Camry (it came either a spoiler or a lip spoiler depending on trim). Noticing the trunk contour is kinda similar to the 8g, I snagged it off them for a measly $15. I test fitted just for kicks all it need was a few adjustment with a dremel tool and it looks alright. Mind you, depending on how your car looks (lowered, kit, etc.) this trunk lip may or may not suit your car. I just thought it was an interesting find and would like to share it with you guys

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    It doesn't look bad, and I actually think it flows well because of the EGR visor. It looks best in the first pic with the side profile but not as good in the others. Your car being lowered with side skirts and the likes also helps the cause.

If you removed a few inches from the center to shorten the overall width, I think it'd be great.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    wow that was a random good find !

Your car looks great man, but to me it looks more sleek without the lip. But thats just me of course, i think alot of cars look better without a spoiler than with one. Either way, nice ride.

interesting. you could fab a nice custom trunk lip out of that with enough time and bondo!

I may look into this if the vip spoiler falls through and take the lights out of the stock 8G spoiler in my garage and retro fit them in somehow and see how that would look.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    I'm not a fan

With the overall width trimmed down, I think it'll be perfect. Nice find

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Sorry dude, I don't like it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Sorry dude, I don't like it at all.
    Thanks, I wasn't expecting a 100% agreement so go figure. But it could look nice on your Maxima.....

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Thanks, I wasn't expecting a 100% agreement so go figure. But it could look nice on your Maxima.....
    That's what I thought it was, a maxima spoiler, looks similar, I got one coming...lol. Maybe if you split that where the trunk meets the quarter panel, that might look better, like on some Mustangs. You know what I mean??
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 02-25-2010 at 09:32 AM

Those Saleen Mustang trunk lips can be double as a half pipe for skateboarders

can you get a straight back shot of it? How far does it extend in relation to the sides?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    seems too flat. if it would stick up at an angle instead of strait our it would look better

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    seems too flat. if it would stick up at an angle instead of strait our it would look better
    i agree, i mean it looks okay but doesn't have an aggressive look to it

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I think its looks pretty decent. If you cut it up to make it into a 3pc spoiler by cutting it at the trunk lines, & tuck in the sides to sit more flush with the body, I think it'll look titz. And it might look even better to taper up the back of the spoiler with some bondo, to give it a minor upward angle like Emerson's talkn about.

But question, whats up with ur sideskirts at the front fender & door why they dont sit flush???
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

i would say cut it down the middle take about 2"s out to make it even with the curves of the trunk but that would throw off the body lines near match up top so idk

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    id have too see it either in person or painted to match to get a verdict.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    But question, whats up with ur sideskirts at the front fender & door why they dont sit flush???

Looks like he just didn't trim that piece so the skirt sit flush.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast