The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dohc 4g64 head will this one fit???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 32

dohc 4g64 head will this one fit???

hey guys found this what do you think will it fit our 2001 4g64?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...93521419213413

you need evo 4-9 head, or 98-04 Hyundai sonata head, or Kia something head.I dodnt remember. Older style heads, of eclipses up to 99, wont work
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Nope sorry buddy, Like mko said Evo 8 or Hyundai sonata

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

04-08 evo head. 99-03 sonata or 00-05 kia optima

the optima and the sonata are the best route since you can use our stock pistons with them but won't handle high boost
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quick question. What does switching to DOHC head benefit for us?

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

more power
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    04-08 evo head. 99-03 sonata or 00-05 kia optima

the optima and the sonata are the best route since you can use our stock pistons with them but won't handle high boost
    the heads won't handle boost? Do you have any sources for this? Slava is running Kia head and is at 509 hp

ye i figured it was too good to be true thanks tho

would you guys happen to know how much the stock crank and rods can handle if they are new and paired with nice pistons cuz i was lookin into getting this rebuilt block http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=130332934000 and maybe droppin some nice pistons in it and get the head done...

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    the heads won't handle boost? Do you have any sources for this? Slava is running Kia head and is at 509 hp
    he meant the stock pistons wont handle to much boost.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wrakd View Post
    would you guys happen to know how much the stock crank and rods can handle if they are new and paired with nice pistons cuz i was lookin into getting this rebuilt block http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=130332934000 and maybe droppin some nice pistons in it and get the head done...
    more than youll ever make. the 8g crank and rods are forged, pistons are another story

Build Thread

so i should get that shit..ye? and drop some low comp/ forged pistons in it, head teaks, and call a straight motor for 10 - 15psi

cuz i got a fucked motor on my hands rnow and im lookin to build something decent on a budget

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Ok right now we are a little all over the place here....Lets try this again bc Im not understanding what your looking for here. What are you looking for to do? Do you want to build up the motor or not? How much you wanna spend?

I think you need to do alot more research before you take on this project....Why dont you save your money

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Ok right now we are a little all over the place here....Lets try this again bc Im not understanding what your looking for here. What are you looking for to do? Do you want to build up the motor or not? How much you wanna spend?

I think you need to do alot more research before you take on this project....Why dont you save your money
    I think he has a shit motor and needs a new one. Or at least a new head. To OP find a running 4G64 at a local junkyard swap them out do research then build the motor. You are no where near any type of performance level.

Especially since the motor you posted only has a 6 month warranty and that is from purchase date not install date.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 02-26-2010 at 04:03 AM

lol ye sorry i really am all over the place... but heres what happened about a year ago the timing belt snapped from my stupid neglect and the pistons smashed all valves (pretty gay feature of the stock 4g64 btw) so fuck it right i took the head off and got it rebuild, but i noticed one of the pistons had a tiny mark on it from smashin the valves i tought it was gonna be fine... but here i am a year lata with that same piston broken.... and now i wanna build the motor so it can handle some boost also it would be nice to not have interference anymore..... so i was thinkin buy that $500 rebuilt motor drop some nice-ass pistons and maybe just make the sohc a lil better with some valves and lifter shit, cuz the crank and rods are pretty tough right....

yeah the stock crank and rods are forged

will this fit?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HYUND...#ht_1671wt_933

Anything else needs to be changed?

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

it should

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    you need evo 4-9 head, or 98-04 Hyundai sonata head, or Kia something head.I dodnt remember. Older style heads, of eclipses up to 99, wont work
    Aren't 4g63 1G/2G heads older style eclipses heads but yet people have made the work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast