The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: clutch flare

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    Experienced TGC Member

Alright guys...this is problems board for the 8th Gen, you want to discuss the dif models/makes/markets of the Mitsu lineup take it to a general board so that we can focus on the issue at hand with this 8th Gen.

My first question is on the transmission. If you have replaced the solenoid, which one was replaced, and was it a new replacement solenoid?

Second, which clutch pack, or as you said plates, were replaced specifically? Also, what condition were the steels in, any burs or noticable scoring on them?

Third, there is no "TCU" in the 8th Gen. The ECU does all of the engine and transmission controls which is why the A/T ECU has 30+ wires over an M/T ECU

The TPS sensor is on the throttle body, but I can't imagine that as a cause for flaring shifts, this is usually the result of a burnt clutch pack, or Valve body issues such as a defective solenoid, or stuck valve/s.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    I wasnt aware that you are part of administration around here man. More power to u though ;-)

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    I wasnt aware that you are part of administration around here man. More power to u though ;-)
    No Im not, just gets hard to follow the problem when the topic goes off in left field lol.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Ok, brought the car to another transmission shop and he ran some diagnostics and reset the ecu. The car shifts so smooth now. ???? He says the ecu must have been storing the previous issues and didn't clear them. I'm lost, not a transmission guy.

But the old trans had all that work done and I got nothing out of it. The guy who did it said that there shouldn't be any issues now that he fixed what he did. He's rebuilt many for before so I don't know why he would screw me over. Could the valves being stuck be an issue? He said he replaced the clutch plates for 2nd to 3rd, replaced something in the valve body, and a solenoid. I'm trying to get an idea if it's sellable. Need to make back some cash for my 3000gt.

Thanks to all the helped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12