The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo setup help

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

turbo setup help

ok guys i hope this is the right spot to post this thread but i have a couple of questions. for starters could somebody give me a detailed explanation on how to hook up this style resistor boxhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-DSM-Talon-4cyl-Injector-resistor-box-connectors_W0QQitemZ380209710123QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item58864 3c42b.
    my second question is could somebody explain to me in detail on how to hook up my maf translator and how to hook up my gm 3in maf?

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by allrice4g64 View Post
    ok guys i hope this is the right spot to post this thread but i have a couple of questions. for starters could somebody give me a detailed explanation on how to hook up this style resistor box

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...item588643c42b.

my second question is could somebody explain to me in detail on how to hook up my maf translator and how to hook up my gm 3in maf?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

and replied

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post

thats the general idea.

remember the ecu opens injectors by grounding the circuit.
    the multi color wires on the injector connectors are the ground, thewire thats the same color onevery injector is your 12v source.

cut the 13v wire,run one wire from each injector to merge into one wire that will be wired into the resistor pack, then run the 4 low impedance wires bsck to the injectors.
    then conceal the wiring within the harness.

Build Thread

hey that looks simple enough thanks man. the four wires that i hook to each negative injector wire is there any specific order i have to follow?

There are no negative wires here. The four wires you splice into the big red one are all +12V and the wires coming out of the resistor box are +12V too. Just the resitor box reduces the current thru the injectors

Build Thread

Is that the correct resistor box? I used this one
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INJEC...item4a9efb044f
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

ok i understand now. just waiting on my 450s and maf translator. i ported the crap outa my 02 housing got all new gaskets in the turbo ported the wastegate flapper. ported the 2g exhaust manifold. everything is all ready to go cant wait :-)

i guess i spoke to soon i am missing the four bolts that hold the turbo to the manifold does anybody know where i can get a set of these. i found arps but they are 45 bucks for those four bolts. kinda spendy for me so any help would be greatly appreciated!

these are $8 a piece at the dealer

Build Thread

8 bucks a piece! wow! no other bolt will work say a grade 5 bolt from a hardware store with same threads?

On my old dsm. I always used either the specified bolt, or the arp bolts. I reused one bolt once, and that was where my exhaust leaked from. Never again.

does anybody know when useing the non blue top 450cc injectors outa a 2g gst, the ones that just simply plug right into the 7g injector plugs. do you have to still use a resistor box with these or only with the blue top injectors?

Experienced TGC Member
    the 450cc blue tops work with the 7g plug. You just have to follow that diagram and youll be ok. and please for god sakes make it look stock. Dont use more wire than you need. there is a harness you can hide all of your wiring in already there. It took me an hour to mount the resistor box, soldier connectons and wrap it up to make it look OEM.

Look closely and youll find my resistor box mounted on the firewall right beside my brake fluid reservoir. There is a bolt hole already there i just had to file the resistor box mounting hole bigger to fit that bolt and i used 3m double sided tape for padding and extra holding security. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by allrice4g64 View Post
    does anybody know when useing the non blue top 450cc injectors outa a 2g gst, the ones that just simply plug right into the 7g injector plugs. do you have to still use a resistor box with these or only with the blue top injectors?
    any dsm turbo injector needs the resistor box.

i have a 2G risistor box for sale if you want it $25 shipped

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i got the 450s installed and all wired in got a base tune on the maft translator and all upper intercooler piping and intercooler installed, battery is in the trunk all is good just gotta rewire the fuel pump and started mounting the turbo and manifold on. hook up my all stainless steel braided oil and coolant line, put my 2g oil pan on and fab up a downpipe and start tuning and im good to go. i also used a 1g intercooler alot thicker but it fits nicely and easy access to inlet and outlet all is looking awesome cant wait. only couple more days