The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g64 alt temp thermostat?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Icon1 4g64 alt temp thermostat?

hey guys i have a question about an alternate temp thermostat on the 4g64. i have a 00 galant and ive been looking for a lower temp t-stat for a few years because i live in arizona and it gets a bit hot here lol. ive looked evrywere and theres only one option, 190 degrees and adding that to the radiator fans kicking on at 214?... thats gay. my car is gutted including the a/c (trackstar) lol so just turning on the a/c to kick the fan on high is out of the question. it will only run on low speed when the temp gets hot enuff and that keeps my car from overheating so there is no problems with my cooling system in any way i just dont like how hot it gets so i put some aftermarket aux fans on the front of the radiator and that helps when im at a stop light i just kick them on and i dont have to worry about anything. so im putting this out there to see if anyone has put any other thermostat from any other cars in there car to have it run cooler. any input would be nice. thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260398993107...84.m1436.l2649

its for the eclipse but I am pretty sure it will work ..hmm 8g

would similar year evos share thermostats fit maybe?
    with the thermostat housing? interchange opens many avenues

just searched 3g therm ops and came up with a few things
    search and yu will find
    Last edited by master_visionary; 03-13-2013 at 09:22 PM
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

hell for only fifteen bucks may aswell try it lol. and i didnt even think to look at evos

That thermostat is for 2g eclipse, IDK if it fits 8g platform.

The lower temp stat will open at lower temps, but it will still reach the 210 deg eventually, because the ECU tells the fans to power up at that temp.

What you need is a controller that will power up your fans at lower temps, so when the thermostat opens up it will provide maximum cooling because the fans are running already.

You need some like this

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hda-3651
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I usually go the other direction because we need the car to actually put out heat in these cold winters. Typically I get a 195 or 205* from an 80s Ford take it to the bench grinder and slowly turn and grind away until you get the right diameter. You should easily find a 170-180 and do the same thing but I bet you will find one to fit without doing this.

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

Stock thermostat is 190 deg one, give or take a few.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

well if you go to a junkyard grab a 2g one out find an 8g and find out :) I just moved far away from my toybox
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

i have aftermarket fans that i can turn on when ever i want wich does help so im good in that area. i was thinking of doing what w/oartic7g was sating but thought that might not be the best way to go. so basicaly if i find any thermostat with the same out side diameter it sould fit and funtion right?