The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi sucks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 97 of 97
    roads in PA do that to you, lol
    Light em up.

Quote Originally Posted by shovelman View Post
    roads in PA do that to you, lol
    Very true. I can certainly attest to that...lol.
    OP, you must not know how to take care of a car, plain and simple. I've had my car for almost 4 years now, and the only thing I ever had to replace (other than routine maintenance stuff) was an oil pressure sensor. Learn to spot problems before they happen and take care of them,,then you won't have to come on a forum and make an ass out of yourself and get flamed for being ignorant.

jaja nice!!!

the mitsubishi need to be loved, thats all!!!

if u dont want to spend in your car get a VW BUG or a 1994 Sentra!!

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

Damn I wish I was here when this thread happened. I had a 1991 6G which was handed to me by my dad when I was leaving for college. It lasted me all my college years until my cousin borrowed it and had a fatal crash! Car was totaled but all passengers in it survived!*Proven life saver*

Now I'm done w/ school I bought an 8G last Feb 2012 w/c has always been my dream car. Right away, i took it to Mitsu and straight up told one of the mechanics who's my friend and yup I said "the mechanic" not the service adviser, I said fix whatever needs to be fixed and replaced. It cost me an arm and a leg to pay for that but i didn't bitch about it. In fact, I was happy to spend knowing that my ride is taken care of and that it will leave the Mitsu service center close to like it did when it left the showroom the first time!

My reason going for the 8G is because its so sexy but my decision was further solidified by the reliability as experienced with my 6G.

I have now had my 2003 Galant for 120,000 miles. I did my time belt and regular maintenance and she runs fine still. I recently had some idle issues but I replaced my EGR and cleaned up my throttle body and its fine again.

My suspension is getting a little rough too, but I probably drive it a little rough.

I can't name one other car I've ever had for 120,000 miles that ran for this long with so little maintenance required
    Last edited by dlovin123; 11-15-2012 at 09:28 PM Reason: wording

This thread is really still alive??!!

Quote Originally Posted by dlovin123 View Post
    I have now had my 2003 Galant for 120,000 miles. I did my time belt and regular maintenance and she runs fine still. I recently had some idle issues but I replaced my EGR and cleaned up my throttle body and its fine again.

My suspension is getting a little rough too, but I probably drive it a little rough.

I can't name one other car I've ever had for 120,000 miles that required less maintaince than this 2003 galant requi

My Daily galant has 280k miles and I literally just changed the alternator and struts within the last 2 years. Very good in my book!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    My Daily galant has 280k miles and I literally just changed the alternator and struts within the last 2 years. Very good in my book!
    Totally agree. I worded my last sentence up there wrong. Such little maintenance has been required, its awesome.

Mitsubishi sucks

I can akin owning a mitsubishi, particularly a DSM/american made one to owning an Alfa Romeo. They are fairly reliable but when something does go wrong its very obscure and the smallest details can leave you dying of frustration. But, I kinda get a kick out of it. Especially when you consider that Mitsubishi is going to be out of the United States more than likely in a few years. And furthermore they'll soon be all electric. Plus having one is a break from the usual Honda and Nissan crowd, At least as far as Japanese cars go.

Mitsubishi sucks

On another note I also find it funny that the OP hates Mitsubishis yet he took the time to post a picture of his car in the avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    exactly this, if you abuse a car, any car, it's going to abuse you right back, sure there are legitimate gripes any of us that can make about our cars (*cough* *cough* turning circle), but they don't make our cars bad, or anything close to that, if you buy a car from a shady used car dealership, you should be clearly aware what you are getting into, like for instance spending on maintance what you spent on your car, if you don't consider this going in, you don't deserve to whine about it

mitsus really do suck. Especially when asshats paint them purple and put stupid bronze wheels on them....
    That is all
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

i bet the next car he gets hes going to complain about having to change his oil lmao. WTF i thoguht hondas last forever why do i have to maintain it wtf this is stupid honda sucks they make stupid cars why cant they maintain themselves

I think the turning circle in the G is decent. I can make U-turns into the left-most lane more often than not. I never have had to do a three-point to make a U. Unlike my first car, a plymouth Voyager, that bitch took five-point turns to make U's.

Oh, and OP's an ass. My three Mitsu's have all been ultra-reliable, and one was a high-mileage auction purchase (the Diamante) that needed work, but even it started right up every morning and drove like a champ. My first G took everything I threw at it for 171K miles. Someone threw a 4Runner at it, it couldn't handle that though :( This latest one still drives like new, no squeaks, rattles (except for the ones cause by the sub), no slipping trans, just raw unadulterated furious acceleration (if 0-60 in 8 seconds is raw to you). My next car? A 2002-2003 Diamante. Mitsu 4 Life (maybe)!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

i agree with other posters, if you take care of your ride it will take care of you, my galant has been one of the easiest cars to work on and maintain

its a shame yu feel this way sir idc if they ban yu y not sell your car get a bicycle (simple maintenance) and don't login

our cars are dear to us and we take care of them as was said if you love your car it will love you back . period. and your complaints are petty and all of the infoto fix said problems is here. thanks for stopping by continue your pouting
    elsewhere
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

we are all in agreement, but
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Just because something is old, doesn't mean you throw it away

Geordi La Forge

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345