The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi sucks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 97
    .. im on my 3rd mitsu. had a lancer for close to 5 years with no problems, traded it for a new eclipse .. totaled that and walked away without any injuries. then got the galant.
    i love mitsu. ive actually never seen anyone talk like this about mitsu. especially from someone who owns one.

Quote Originally Posted by infliction View Post
    .. im on my 3rd mitsu. had a lancer for close to 5 years with no problems, traded it for a new eclipse .. totaled that and walked away without any injuries. then got the galant.
    i love mitsu. ive actually never seen anyone talk like this about mitsu. especially from someone who owns one.
    We have had members act like this before usually after they buy some abused pos as their first car or something. But I got mine at 72k miles in 07 its at 93k now and I hardly have to invest money besides my own interests into this car.

Proof of mitsu longevity, my old 1989 Montero 6g72 had 206k miles on it and it was the worse for wear, but it still hit the redline and shifted like nothing
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 02-28-2010 at 08:35 PM

where did the op hide?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    We have had members act like this before usually after they buy some abused pos as their first car or something. But I got mine at 72k miles in 07 its at 93k now and I hardly have to invest money besides my own interests into this car.
    I bought my Galant for $500 with 172K miles on it. I was fortunate to get it from the original owners who took pretty good care of it for the most part (except the black paint issue), I have sunk a lot of money into mine over the past year obviously for more performance. I have yet to drive the thing, but I know when I do it won't let me down.

Also have an 02 Lancer that was bought brand new, only issue I have had with it is the climate control knob snapped off (which is common for these), and a wheel bearing that needs to be replaced.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    If you bought it brand new and had the issues, I would bitch. YOU BOUGHT IT USED

I beat my car up every single day I can and it's still running strong.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

blue8g
    at least your throttle doesn't stick, there aren't recalls every 15 minutes, it's decently good on gas, and for it to have idle issues it has to start......

Not one single person here can say that they've never had a car problem that made them say "Damn it!" at one time or another. Either you bitch about it, or you fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Though all you other people who've commented here don't need to get all rowdy about it. I should hand out one day bans and warnings to all who've acted immaturely in this thread...seesh.
    I'm glad you saw this thread before me. Remember kids...

Dave is nice.

I'm not.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Lol routine maintenance is a bitch! Shit my car is 14 years old and the only major problem that wasn't routine was my iac going bad but a whole throttle body assembly was like 30bux. I pulled the engine apart after 190k and was supprised on how well it looked. I don't think I will ever buy any thing but a Mitsu they are great cars, but like anything mechanical its only good if it taken care of.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Experienced TGC Member
    The only reason why my car isnt reliable is because of me. Its not that its unreliable its that its so addicting to modify it im always doing stuff to it....... So crash and burn all you want. Maybe your car was made on monday or friday.

wow

-RON

bet he'll be more pissed when he finds out how unreliable other cars are and wish he stuck w/ mitsu. My whole family has owned mitsu's for 25+ years now, and that's cuz we know how reliable they are and not overwhelming expensive.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I've owned 3 Galants, including one now and never had issues. Most reliable car I have ever owned. Not saying I didn't have small issues but nothing to not buy another one. Every car has issues. Maintenance and preventive maintenance had a lot to do with good performance and long years.

lol i hate all the issues wit my G too but hey its my car n its all i got 1 day i will get the money to make it ride smooth or i will learn enuff 2 fix it myself...sometimes i feel like givin up...like 2night when sum1 hit my car...but then u kno wat its my car n its part of me...if u dont like it u can jus go buy a volvo or somethin idk...also its my second galant and both had issues but from the previous owners didnt take care of it...i still love my shit anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    lol i hate all the issues wit my G too but hey its my car n its all i got 1 day i will get the money to make it ride smooth or i will learn enuff 2 fix it myself...sometimes i feel like givin up...like 2night when sum1 hit my car...but then u kno wat its my car n its part of me...if u dont like it u can jus go buy a volvo or somethin idk...also its my second galant and both had issues but from the previous owners didnt take care of it...i still love my shit anyway
    <3 I love my G so much, but its my daily and I got to community college where no one can drive and there is not enough spaces to park. AS a result my rear quarter panel, hood, fender, and few other miscellaneous spots have dents and both my bumpers are scratched to shit.

My fiancee graduates from college next May so within the next 2 years our income should increase while I am going pre-med and the G can be parked in a nice warm locked garage where she will be rebuilt again.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    <3 I love my G so much, but its my daily and I got to community college where no one can drive and there is not enough spaces to park. AS a result my rear quarter panel, hood, fender, and few other miscellaneous spots have dents and both my bumpers are scratched to shit.

My fiancee graduates from college next May so within the next 2 years our income should increase while I am going pre-med and the G can be parked in a nice warm locked garage where she will be rebuilt again.
    lol dats the way to do it bro....me im still in high school and everybody already knows that if sum1 touches my car there somebodys face would be smashed in...my problem is i love my car and i drive to much...man i was driving n this dude parked 2 let his girl out the car so i went around n turned right this fool still lookin at his girl starts pullin foward...i cant honk my horn cuz one of the problems wit my g that the horn dont work so i stop cuz i see his still not lookin n he keeps rollin foward then he stops real quick n im thinkin damn that was close...5 mins later i go 2 get gas and i see that he grazed my door and fender like im not sure if i couldnt hear it cuz of my system but i there was no hard impact...man im maddd

mitsubishi's suck. wow. your clearly uneducated and dont know the first thing about cars. ive been beating on my G daily for 7 or 8 years now, ive crashed 3 times and she still runs like a champ and tracks in a straight line. and its cause i know how to take care of her and she takes care of me in return. anyway thats my rant about this.
    98 Galant ES
    Current Mods - To many to mention here.
    Future Plans - 4G63T swap and 5 speed swap
    Big Thanks To YOU ALL for all the help you provide

I love my G, got 181,000 miles and i put 11,000 on it myself. Got it from my aunt who lives in the high desert in Cali and drove down to LA and back everyday. I know my ride took it rough before i got it and she still sounds and runs the same way it did almost brand new. It's my last year in high school and let me tell you it's like everyones cars are falling apart but not mine. I don't have a single problem and i drive pretty rough.

When i get some more cash she's gonna be dropped, rims, headers and exhaust

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterclavel View Post
    Between idle and suspension issues............. I will never buy another one the most unreliable cars ever made
    YOU are right, YOU should not buy another mitsubishi (they might be allergic to you).

Experienced TGC Member
    I bought my 2003 Galant ES V6 in March 2004 for $13500 with 10k miles.

Ive now got 169k on the speedo. And other than some minor problems here and there, the car has run great. Most expensive repair to date was $800 (water pump, timing belt tensioner, idler pulleys, belt tensioner pulley, serpentine belt). However, I do have a small leak in my radiator. Just discovered that yesterday. But other than that, Im still winning the game.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast