The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi sucks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 97
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    lol dats the way to do it bro....me im still in high school and everybody already knows that if sum1 touches my car there somebodys face would be smashed in...my problem is i love my car and i drive to much...man i was driving n this dude parked 2 let his girl out the car so i went around n turned right this fool still lookin at his girl starts pullin foward...i cant honk my horn cuz one of the problems wit my g that the horn dont work so i stop cuz i see his still not lookin n he keeps rollin foward then he stops real quick n im thinkin damn that was close...5 mins later i go 2 get gas and i see that he grazed my door and fender like im not sure if i couldnt hear it cuz of my system but i there was no hard impact...man im maddd
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't understand one fucking word of what you just said. Please learn to type and use punctuation in a normal manner.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

iMTB
    My mother ran mine with no coolant in FLORIDA for months and the only problem was the fact that it didn't have a check engine light or low coolant light or temp light to tell her to add more...

Honestly take a look at these pics and tell me that Mitsubishi sucks...

Does the undercarriage of an 11 year old car that sucks and loves driving on and around the beach look like this?

Can you look at parts that have been moving for the past 11 years on a car that sucks and see this?

When is the last time you saw such a timeless interior on an 11 year old car that sucks?

Recently on another forum I was asked:
    Quote Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
    why would you buy a mitsubishi as a "car that will last forever?"
    Why?

2000 Galant ES, bought in 99, 0% financing deal, paid off quickly.
    -BMWesque styling that looks pretty classy as far as I'm concerned
    -Simple, clean looking interior that doesn't look aged
    -CD player with pretty nice stock audio system
    -Decent handling stock with too much body roll, motortrend put h&r springs and kyb agx shocks (maybe new tires too, I know I would if I put the suspension on it) on a stock 4 cylinder es back in like 01 and it made it around the track right behind the m3
    -Headlights still look new with 0 fog on them, I added Xenon lights to the stock housings and fogs and they still produce an OEM or better light cutoff
    -Ample power, plenty enough for daily driving while returning great gas mileage
    -Power everything
    -Sunroof
    -Multi-coat pearl white paint that looks great still
    -4 cup holders
    -Plenty of interior space and big trunk
    -Comfortable seats

If you feel the need:
    -Huggee aftermarket because it accepts parts from so many other cars
    -JDM Galant VR4 twin-turbo v6 is sick as fuck and if you wanted to, you could convert it

11 years, 72k miles, I <3 driving on the beach, I mountain bike, driven hard, hardly washed or waxed...driven by my mother with no coolant for months...overall, well used.

Total maintainance/parts/repairs/expenses needed: oil, gas, tires, coolant (sometimes lol), brake pads, rotors, IAC and TB carbon buildup cleaning, 1 air filter replacement, new hubcaps.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar

i dont know about that iMTB... my car got more rust living by the beach in Miami than it did living thru NYC winters

Probably since you lived near the beach lol...

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

Quote Originally Posted by iMTB View Post
    -Decent handling stock with too much body roll, motortrend put h&r springs and kyb agx shocks (maybe new tires too, I know I would if I put the suspension on it) on a stock 4 cylinder es back in like 01 and it made it around the track right behind the m3
    Source? 2001 4 cyl 8G vs a 2001 M3? Very hard to believe.

The V6 8G has a 0 to 60 time in the high 8s. The M3 has a 0 to 60 in the high 4s. And please don't tell me the Galant beat it in the twisties.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car... but be realistic.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post

The V6 8G has a 0 to 60 time in the high 8s. The M3 has a 0 to 60 in the high 4s. And please don't tell me the Galant beat it in the twisties.

It was a long time ago but I remember reading about it... I don't think they ever put them against each other in a race but it was the force they where measuring... it was right behind the M3 in stats...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Experienced TGC Member

It could be reasonable. I know a car dealer and good friend of mine from Lakefield (MN) ran some autocross stuff up around the cities somewhere. They had a little CRX with just an intake and track wheels/tires on it and that would leave the Corvettes in the corners and straightaways the Vette's would catch up "obviously" lol.

These cars have been around for a while, and remain around. Look at this commuity for example. Any properly maintained and cared for vehicle will last and give a fairly good end result. This guy is just upset because he has so many issues that were left unattended to and have all piled up at once leaving him broke and no way, or experience of how to fix everything to even find the enjoyment the rest of us have on these vehicles.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
    It was a long time ago but I remember reading about it... I don't think they ever put them against each other in a race but it was the force they where measuring... it was right behind the M3 in stats...
    It is actually a very good handling FWD chassis. I'd be willing to bet he isn't that far off. It is a matter of effectively putting the power to the ground, and driver skills. I'd put my G against a M3 (not straight line though) in the twisties anyday. Even if I'd lose, I'd venture that it would put up a fight on a course that negates the power advantage.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    The only problem i have with my car is that it DOESNT HAVE REAR DOME LIGHTS !!!!!. A Car that has known Michigan winters and roads since its birth, a Woman Driver, and then a High schooler (me) behind the wheel. This car has kept me safe through countless close calls on icy roads and on dry pavement. We should start a " I <3 my Galant thread"

Ok mitsubishi doesn't suck fixed everything i still fuck with my 8g galant

mitsus definitley don't suck. there not flashy or amazing but they get the job done.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redgalant2k1 View Post
    lol : D

Quote Originally Posted by iMTB View Post
    My mother ran mine with no coolant in FLORIDA for months and the only problem was the fact that it didn't have a check engine light or low coolant light or temp light to tell her to add more...

Honestly take a look at these pics and tell me that Mitsubishi sucks...

Does the undercarriage of an 11 year old car that sucks and loves driving on and around the beach look like this?

I wish my car was that clean under the chassis. Illinois suburbs have been brutal to my car. lol. I hate that the plows cake salt onto the streets in my area.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    lol bc of all this talk guess what happend...timing belt decided to brake but no damage to the motor at all since I wasnt driving. But hey I still love her...just my luck when I was going to change it this week but decided to give off on Monday.lol

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    I wish my car was that clean under the chassis. Illinois suburbs have been brutal to my car. lol. I hate that the plows cake salt onto the streets in my area.
    Holy hell, I HATE the salt that the plows drop around here.

And mitsubishi's definitely don't suck. Maintained properly, I'm sure these things could last a lifetime.

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    they will ALWAYS leak oil, however ;-)
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

can't agree with that ^. 8gs don't ALWAYS leak oil.

^^^^^No just most of the time lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast