The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi sucks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 97
    really? seriously, mine only leaked some oil when the valve cover gasket went bad, that's about it -_-

Ive had 3Gs...3 different generations...and honestly I put the G up there with any other car as far as reliability. I feel 100% safe and confident every time I drive my G. From a quality standpoint alone (sound dampening, materials, craftsmanship) I put the Galant at the head of the line of cars that arent too expensive but of very high quality. My '03 was sold to a dealership for electrical issues, I bought the car and come to find out previous owner installed cd player incorrectly and was blowing fuses lol...point being just love your G and she will take care of you, show that G love and respect her and she will return it 10 fold...baby her engine and keep her clean inside and out and trust me youll have no issues out of her. Period.

man what wrong with this guy you buy a car cheap fix it up and its good i been having my 7g for 4 years had problem fix it know the car run good

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    lol dats the way to do it bro....me im still in high school and everybody already knows that if sum1 touches my car there somebodys face would be smashed in...my problem is i love my car and i drive to much...man i was driving n this dude parked 2 let his girl out the car so i went around n turned right this fool still lookin at his girl starts pullin foward...i cant honk my horn cuz one of the problems wit my g that the horn dont work so i stop cuz i see his still not lookin n he keeps rollin foward then he stops real quick n im thinkin damn that was close...5 mins later i go 2 get gas and i see that he grazed my door and fender like im not sure if i couldnt hear it cuz of my system but i there was no hard impact...man im maddd
    I would have cut throats right there and then!

If you hate Mistu so damn much I will buy your car off you for a reasonable price.

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterclavel View Post
    Between idle and suspension issues............. I will never buy another one the most unreliable cars ever made
    lol! My dad still have a 1978 Galant and still reliable until now! Go get a bicycle..
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

i've thrashed the tits outa my car, and it never let me down, as has been said all it takes is good maintenance, and knowing the limits of your car and engine and you should never have a problem, bar normal wear and tear ie clutches, gearboxes and diffs ( depending how you drive it of course )

general maintenance and checking your car will keep you out of trouble

not to mention my cars saved my ass a few times and i like to think its cause i treat my car well so it does the same for me
    Last edited by 7gvr4; 04-02-2010 at 06:26 AM

lets throw this guy out!!!

Bought my 03 ES V6 back in 02 w/ 1 Mile on the Odometer. 7 years and 128,000 miles later she idles and runs like new. And that's NOT an overstatement. I'm serious. Last year just to offset the mileage on the G, I bought a 07 TL Type S. I kid you not, I think my Galant idles smoother than the TL. I do take care of my cars though. I change my own oil every 5k (fully synthetic). I change my own Tranny Fluid every 30k. I do my own brakes, rotate tires, tune ups (I changed spark plugs at 50k and changed spark plugs and wires at 100k). I recently changed my power steering fluid (drained it, took the reservoir out and cleaned it).. basically the only thing I have EVER taken it to the dealer for was for the first year I took it for the free oil changes (although I stopped doing that cause it was a pain in the ass since they would keep the car all day) and to do the timing belt at 80k. The other belts I got done at firestone for 100 bucks. I have NEVER had a problem w/ my galant. It only failed me once, when the radiator cracked right in the front, and when I parked my car, a shit ton of smoke was coming out of my engine bay.. I was unsure what it was until I opened the hood and saw steam / coolat fluid shooting out of the radiator. Alls I did was go to NAPA buy a radiator and pop it in. Took about 2 hours and she was brand new again.... oh.. and every year I sea foam her (crank case and gas tank) and every 10-15k, I sea foam the intake. (first time I did it I fogged out the neighborhood... ever since then it's like hardly any smoke comes out).

So.. in closing.. like everyone says.. take care of your G.. and she will take care of you back.

Revival after 1 month

Quote Originally Posted by kidrocking79 View Post
    Bought my 03 ES V6 back in 02 w/ 1 Mile on the Odometer. 7 years and 128,000 miles later she idles and runs like new. And that's NOT an overstatement. I'm serious. Last year just to offset the mileage on the G, I bought a 07 TL Type S. I kid you not, I think my Galant idles smoother than the TL. I do take care of my cars though. I change my own oil every 5k (fully synthetic). I change my own Tranny Fluid every 30k. I do my own brakes, rotate tires, tune ups (I changed spark plugs at 50k and changed spark plugs and wires at 100k). I recently changed my power steering fluid (drained it, took the reservoir out and cleaned it).. basically the only thing I have EVER taken it to the dealer for was for the first year I took it for the free oil changes (although I stopped doing that cause it was a pain in the ass since they would keep the car all day) and to do the timing belt at 80k. The other belts I got done at firestone for 100 bucks. I have NEVER had a problem w/ my galant. It only failed me once, when the radiator cracked right in the front, and when I parked my car, a shit ton of smoke was coming out of my engine bay.. I was unsure what it was until I opened the hood and saw steam / coolat fluid shooting out of the radiator. Alls I did was go to NAPA buy a radiator and pop it in. Took about 2 hours and she was brand new again.... oh.. and every year I sea foam her (crank case and gas tank) and every 10-15k, I sea foam the intake. (first time I did it I fogged out the neighborhood... ever since then it's like hardly any smoke comes out).

So.. in closing.. like everyone says.. take care of your G.. and she will take care of you back.

Welcome to TGC. Sounds like you've kept good care of your car since it was new. Keep up the good maintenance stuff, not many people do.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Thanx. I actually have been a member for a couple of years. I come on here every once in a while to search through some DIYs or just troubleshooting threads for certain things. I find that generally speaking, forums are a GREAT way for you to learn about your car and learn to take care of it. There are plenty of people willing to help you out and for the most part, if you're thinking about doing something, someone has probably already done it and it's in some thread somewhere. I'm an active member of Acurazine which is my TL forum since lately I've been modding the shit out of it..lol But I'm glad I finally posted here.. 2 years later...hehhehe

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    The only problem i have with my car is that it DOESNT HAVE REAR DOME LIGHTS !!!!!.
    I have rear dome lights x_x..

Or I think that's what they're called lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7gvr4 View Post
    i've thrashed the tits outa my car
    lmao !

ok here is my opinion on this.... maybe this guy is a retard that got a lemon and does not know a good thing from a bad. i agree with most everyone here if you are that unhappy sell it and buy something you will like if thats possible for you. there are people on this site that has had mits. for over 15 years if that should tell you something. i have only had mine personally for a couple months now but out of 10 years of driving and 20 plus different cars i have drove i have never been this stoked about every mornin when i wake up looking forward to my daily drive i love it you should also.

Im with everyone else on this thread i've had my 03' since 2005 and i've put her thru hell like totaly loosing the lower half of a full cold air intake on an 8 hour drive and not knowin about it for a few weeks to jumping her a few feet in the air she has about 137k still runs strong as ever

i love the noob bashing
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Quote Originally Posted by hunterclavel View Post
    Between idle and suspension issues............. I will never buy another one the most unreliable cars ever made
    hehehehe this guy dont know what he's sayin!

Quote Originally Posted by Derekams313 View Post
    jumping her a few feet in the air she has about 137k still runs strong as ever
    perhaps I should jump my car to make it run strong? :)
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

hey man i had no idea the road dropped like that lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast