The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Looking to buy...

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Looking to buy...

I might be looking at buying another car and want to buy a 9g, but i have some questions. I have seen the ls, gts, and the ralliart's with the same 3.8. What i want to know is if there is a difference in the models hp or anything else. I would like to have the Ralliart, but if it is the same performance wise as the gts or the ls, then i will go that route cause they are cheaper.

ps- im looking at getting anything between 2004 and 2007 because i hate the redesigned rearend.

Thanks for the help and the info.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    the ralliart version has the mivec head which adds i believe 30hp although the standard v6 is pretty stong to begin with. man i wished i got the v6 instead of the i4.

ralliarts are only made for 07 and 09. and they have mivec 3.8s
    the others arent mivec. so.. the ralliarts have about 20 more hp
    but mivec is an interesting thing. the non mivecs will actually get off the line a bit faster because mivec keeps it in lower rpm longer to make it more fuel efficient. but then the other part of mivec kicks in at about 4k rpm and you take the f@ck off.
    so in a race, stock for stock, the ralliart will overtake an ls/gts somewhere around the 1/8 mile mark.
    some people like the instant power of the non mivec. some people love the rush of power at 4k rpm.
    and the mivec engines sound sooooo much better :)
    and if youre looking to mod, the ralliart is the better option simply because its the same engine as the eclipse gt.
    tho it is the same engine. the recently developed ecu reflash was made for the mivec engine. but simple things like intake and exhaust will be the same. well, exhaust will be custom. unless you take the plunge i did. a shop in canada made me an axle back exhaust. and they plan to make a bolt on high flow cat at some point.

basically.. you'll be happy either way, but you cant go wrong with a ralliart.
    and i'll hook you up with all your 9g needs and wants :)

lol, damn.... i guess after 4k, everyones fading away in your mirror

RA is a nice car no doubt...30hp isnt much, unless ur really looking the most out our car
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

well, 30hp may not seem like a whole lot. but its noticeable. especially when youre up against a car with 30 more than you.. same power to weight ratio of course.

but at the same time, you may find its easier to mod a non mivec. a lot less wires to deal with.

but.. this is all assuming you want to mod it for performance.

oh. and the 9.5g started in 09. so you'd be looking for 04-08

Thats actually what i thought, but wasnt completely sure when the 9.5g started. And i wouldnt go with preformance to start with. Eventually i would like to have it as fast as it looks.

So which is the better engine? Mivec or non-mivec?

personally with the info provided, i would go with the mivec. I love that 4k rpm power madness the 6g72's give.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Those things are beast.. Ever drive one? Go for MIVEC..

The only one i ever test drobe was a 2005 es with the 4banger inside. wasnt too happy with it to be honest. But i wasnt happy with the dealer anyway. I asked to test drive the ralliart and he put me in that car. When i left, i told him he lost the sale cause he wouldnt let me test drive the car i wanted to buy.

dont you have a v6 galant black dragon?

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

negative. Im rolling on the i4. hoping to have some "real" work done to it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    I love that 4k rpm power madness the 6g72's give.
    power madness :D

and yeah, that dealer sounds like a dick.
    mine was all for me jumping up to the ralliart.. idk why they wouldnt be. if you were anywhere near NY i'd set you up, they have an 07 ralliart right now, silver. last i saw they were asking about $15k for it.

The first determination to be made is your budget? What can you seriously afford?/

See, thats the thing. Im about to land a $80k job and looking to purchase a newer car.

@infliction- I almost bought one last year that was located in Jamica, NY (sp) for $13.5k. He had a buyer when i called or i would have bought it myself!

well. i'd hate to see it go so far away, but i'd also hate to see it go to someone who wont take care of it. so if it isnt too far for you to get. she's still on the site.
    here ya be

I would take the Mivec. Ralliart looks gorgeous

go ralliart! i love mine. 4k then endless power unless you top out haha

9g Baby!

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    See, thats the thing. Im about to land a $80k job and looking to purchase a newer car.

@infliction- I almost bought one last year that was located in Jamica, NY (sp) for $13.5k. He had a buyer when i called or i would have bought it myself!
    Lol, I wouldn't consider this "seriously afford", since your looking to spend 22k+ versus 13.5k and what exactly do you want to do with the car? Your daily? Your track?

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

Wow! I forgot all about this thread. lol. Well, my plans have changed alot since my divorce. I would love to get into an 07 RA, but the fact is that its prob not going to happen. Ill be working on the 8g for a while now instead of selling it.