The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cracked Tail Light?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Cracked Tail Light?

Back in september, when I got in my accident, my left tail light got cracked, but I didn't bother ordering a new one because it wasn't too bad and I was on a budget (16 with no job at the time.. y'know.)

Today I washed my car and noticed that the light FILLED to the top with water. I let it all out and drilled a hole in the bottom in case it happens again, but I'd like to fix the crack.

I'm not sure how well the picture shows this, but there crack causes about a 3-4mm space where water can just gush in.

I'm wondering if I could try and use a lighter to melt the plastic back together? I'm getting new tails sometime soon, but until then, I'd like to have this sealed as best as possible.

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES

clear silicone or glue

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

dude you can get that taillight for under 20 bucks on ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    clear silicone or glue
    I think that's what I'll probably end up doing, thanks :)

Quote Originally Posted by rez887 View Post
    I thought about buying one, but it's not really worth it since I'm getting JDMs in a month or two - I'm kinda cheap. haha!

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES

Quote Originally Posted by rez887 View Post
    Liar!!!

Ha ha ha ha .... jk jk

I got mine on eBay and it cost me $25!!!

Dude just replace them. You can always sell them back. Someone is always looking for a tail light.

Scott

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Clear silicone!

If you're looking for a set i can get you both for $60 shipped. If you can't find anything on ebay that is. Pm me if you're interested

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I ended up breaking out the heat gun. I pushed the knobby end of a screw driver through the reverse light hole, and pushed while i slowly heated the plastic. It got the job done. Doesn't look perfect, but it actually does hide a lot of the crack - you can still tell it was cracked at one point though.

Thanks all for your advice!

keith - I might take you up on that in the future if the offer still stands; It would be good to have another set on hand in case another crazy girl decides to rear end me!

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    ^ No homo?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol