The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Auto transmission

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Auto transmission

Can't really find the information I need on this..but how much horsepower can the stock automatic transmission handle? Which auto tranny comes in the Eclipse GST vs the Auto tranny that comes in the Galant? I'll explain later....

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    it could probably handle a considerable amount of power....for about fifteen minutes.

but seriously, it's nothing more than a ticking time bomb, even on a stock motor with stock HP it's gonna go any day lol
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    it could probably handle a considerable amount of power....for about fifteen minutes.

but seriously, it's nothing more than a ticking time bomb, even on a stock motor with stock HP it's gonna go any day lol
    I hate my auto transmission. Time to find a 5 speed in that case.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    don't even put up with it dude, it will only get worse and become a money pit - 5spd swap will last you a lifetime, knock on wood
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Well I have to make it last me until I can afford to buy all the shit for the 5 spd. swap. I just spent all my damn money fixing the damn head gasket, water pump, and all the other shit.

briggs
    I have a 126k miles on my car all stuck es cept for suspension upgrades. So far the tranny has been good to me, but I keep hearing about these things failing. finding a salvage tranny for a galant is hard. Is it s direct swap from a g2 stick ? Also I've heard that the G1 standard is a stronger transmission but takes more work. whats the story on that.