The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i need help.where is the main illumination gauge hookup to hookup dimmer from cd play

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    rocgalant
    Quote Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
    Check all your fuses, if they are fine then disconnect both terminals on your battery and touch them together to release any capacitance then reconnect them to the battery.
    If that doesn't fix it and you still have no speedo you may want to find someone with a scan tool.
    I'm going to pull my radio out tonight and see if the metra harness has anything on the Speedo wire in the harness because this seems to be a common problem with a lot of galant owners.
    I hope you did not do any extra work on my behalf. You already helped me out from the other thread. My problem has been solved. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by rocgalant View Post
    I hope you did not do any extra work on my behalf. You already helped me out from the other thread. My problem has been solved. Thanks again
    so what was the end result dude? lol how did you fix it and what was the culprit? just curious...
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

rocgalant
    Quote Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
    so what was the end result dude? lol how did you fix it and what was the culprit? just curious...
    Ah my friend I posted a long reply to the 'Could it be the Vehicle Speed Sensor' thread. Here is the link:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=40785

Sorry man. I thought you saw that reply. Well, if you don't want to read the whole thing. Basically, I think that it may have been the yellow/black wire you mentioned in this thread. Except, I didn't think that was the case with me because the yellow/black wire went to the illumination wire on the Scosche harness, which was not connected to anything. I had taped it off.

Anyway, thanks buddy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12