The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear Speakers Depth

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Rear Speakers Depth

Just want to know if it is possible to mount a 2.8" (71mm) depth speaker on the back of an 8g. Do I need to cut the torsion bars of the trunk. I searched and somebody said that nothing deeper than 3" would fit. On the Infinity site it said that for out cars the mounting depth for the back was 4" so im confused.

4g64T 5spd

well if the speaker depth of the speaker you plan to install is 2.8", than it should fit since it's not bigger than 3" or 4". I'm not sure exactly whats the max depth but if it is 3" than you should have no problems since 2.8" is obviously smaller than 3"

Well ok thanks I supposed that, also I would like to know if anyone knows the exact depth
    limit for this speakers and also what the maximum depth for the front.

4g64T 5spd

Not sure of the exact mounting depth but I fit JL c2 6x9's in my rear deck, they wouldnt fit without spacers though. I had to use half inch spacers between the speaker and the rear deck. Infinity speaker almost all have that little tiny magnet on them, you should be fine.
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

Ok thanks, I'm trying to get an measure but I could always use a spacer thanks for the help.

4g64T 5spd