The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Newbie Modz....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 47 of 47
    Quote Originally Posted by 01Galant View Post
    Alright everyone thanks for the advice, i think i have an idea of what i want to do now, but can i ask if grill mods tend to turn out oK?
    I tried to make a grill but didnt come out as clean as I wanted....If you do it buy a spare from a junkyard thats what I did. Used the one from the junkyard as my project but I found out I am not the greatest at making it I cut all the fins out but the middle brace killed me.. lol. Maybe its something you are good at. Give it a try and good luck if you try it and read the tutorials on it over and over before doing it. This is the most helpful site for a galant. Ive fixed and upgraded everything on my car because of previous threads. Keep searching and searching....its on here.

Id save for lowering and rims. That is the most noticeable change that will make your car stand out. Browse craigslist for deals on wheels...might find used ones real cheap.

Im still waiting to find a great deal on a lowering setup myself....oh keep checking the for sale section on here. Might find some useful parts in there from time to time.

#1 tip - be patient and dont rush into anything.

cheap mod that you might like is tinting your tails (of course if you like that look).

I used VHT nightshade(ebay) but I did a lite coat and then clear coat. Didnt want too dark because you might get a ticket/repair order.

anyways best of luck!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Well back to topic, The first thing, you should do all the maintenance required, change fluids, have it scanned in Pepboys (its free) or any major automotive store, write down the codes and bring them here so you know what is needed to be done.

After that If I were you I would save up money to buy some lowering springs and shocks, the lowering springs depends on how much you want to lower the car there are many springs like Eibach, Megan, Tein, Progress and they all have different drops. The Teins are the most used in this community and in a above post there are photos of a car using them, just need to search your application 99-03 V6 Galant or 00-05 V6 Eclipse as they share the same suspensions and engines. All the springs packages come with all 4 necessary springs. In the Tutorial section theres a How To so I encourage you to take a look there. When Installing Lowering Springs you should buy new shocks the most used are KYB GR2s or KYB AGX (they have adjustable stiffness and are more expensive).

After that I would go for the rims it doesn't matter if you dont have the money right away just save up for them, its worth it, the rims are whats going to make you really fall in love with your car, you can buy some OEM Evo rims or you can look around in the forum, you can look at this thread https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...favorite+wheel take ideas. The rims buy most be 5 x 114.3.

I know it a long read but it should be helpful, for me when talking about looks these two things are the most important.

The guy was my moms friend and stuff so i know he is telling the truth when he says he treated the car nicely. Anyways i will hit pepboys up and get that report for yall

Also why should i get new shocks when i get the lowering springs?

Quote Originally Posted by 01Galant View Post
    The guy was my moms friend and stuff so i know he is telling the truth when he says he treated the car nicely. Anyways i will hit pepboys up and get that report for yall

Also why should i get new shocks when i get the lowering springs?
    Stock shocks on our G's are known to blow with lowering springs due to the higher spring rates in a short amount of time. Thats why its highly recommended to get new shocks along with your lowering springs. Minus well skip the hassle and go for coilovers. The height adjustability on them is a great feature to get the stance you want for your whip
    Last edited by tjones156; 03-08-2010 at 04:49 AM

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

The first thing i did when i got my galant was black out the tails. Do it yourself with that VHT niteshades spray. It only looks good on some colors IMO though. its quick, reliable, and cheap haha.

why did 01 galant get banned???

ah i see

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123