The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Newbie Modz....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 47
    You are here entirely tooo much!!
    dude, this is your car. you dont really have to ask people here what to do with your car. the more you ask, the more negative comments your gonna get if you havent already noticed. use the forum and learn before you ask, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

i recommend you look through the car garage in here or search cardomain.com to get better ideas on how your car could potentially turn out.

Not trying to disrespect any of the previous posters but honestly just do what you like, alot of these guys say do this and do this, but its your car not theirs. ITs what ever makes you happy. I cleared the turns on my car, and a few people said thats the past, get with the new and keep them. But hey i like them and noone can change that. Just google around, car domain, this forum, theres a few other forums, to get ideas for what you like. As for EVo rims, check out evomn.com they always have rims for sale. Another pointer, is all suspension things, like sway bars, bushings, shocks, springs, and what not, can be used from an 2000-2005 eclipse. And most motor performance

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Not trying to disrespect any of the previous posters but honestly just do what you like, alot of these guys say do this and do this, but its your car not theirs. ITs what ever makes you happy. I cleared the turns on my car, and a few people said thats the past, get with the new and keep them. But hey i like them and noone can change that. Just google around, car domain, this forum, theres a few other forums, to get ideas for what you like. As for EVo rims, check out evomn.com they always have rims for sale. Another pointer, is all suspension things, like sway bars, bushings, shocks, springs, and what not, can be used from an 2000-2005 eclipse. And most motor performance
    one of the most heplful posts yet..... Yea the only reason i made this thread was to narrow down the hard stuff that i cant do, to some of the easy stuff i can do

Quote Originally Posted by 01Galant View Post
    Ok So im still left with a few questions

1) whats an HID
    2) whats a body kit
    3) how much would some evo rims cost
    4) how much would each one cost?
    HIDs are High Intensity Discharge gas bulbs. They are brighter then normal halogens which you have now, but seeing as you have reflectors they will blind people if you go above 35w. You can get them at ddmtuning between 29.99+shipping and 49.99+shipping.

Body kits, price varies and you can look at other members builds in member rides forum. that is a super vr4 body kit, you can get this on your car with light modifications and you can get it from Cali over at SoCal autowerks in fg at a nice price. Or you can get it from trigg for like double what cali charges in oem abs(plastic material)
    If I were you since you are a new driver avoid body kits right now as you will most likely scrape something or someone.

Evo Rims it depends, but if you go over to evoM.com, the evo forums, you can probably get a good deal on them without tires and then get 225/45-17(if you get 17'' evos) for around 100 or so each so 900-1000 after tires and allignment. There are members on here that can get you good deals on tires as well.

If your car is not lowered I would suggest lowering it, that is one of the first things I have done and I love it. This is in my honest opinion. Dont do anything you see on fast and the furious, although a fun franchise they know nothing about cars. Stay away from neons, tinted lights, Boeing 747 wings, non color matched body kits, spinners, coffee can mufflers and etc. Keep your car clean and you will be much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    wow. just plain ignorant. you just disrespected almost everyone on TGC in one post.
    yeah he did haha

Banned
    Ok How do i lower it? Do i have to buy a kit? maybe u could drop me a nice link...

dude he likes hondas lol...

i used to ride hondas for dirt bikes but now im a yamaha man, 2stroke and 4stroke

Also thanks to 03 galant es, another extremely helpful post
    Last edited by 01Galant; 03-06-2010 at 11:43 AM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    oh and to lower a car there are a few options

1.) cut stock springs (don't do this)
    2.) lowering springs (Best for a DD imo)
    3.) adjustable springs
    4.) full coil-overs (most recommended)

Whats a "DD"?
    Whats cheapest and whats the easiest

Maybe you could post a link to a few sites that sell these?

blue8g

Whats a "DD"?

Anyways could you drop me a link?
    daily driver

springs = http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...idproduct=1588

full coil-overs http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...idproduct=2515

adjustable springs = http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-02...Q5fAccessories (garbage)

Banned
    I like those s-tech springs, is it $297 for ea or for 4 of them. Hard to install or do they need to be done at a shop

blue8g
    247 for the set of 4, i installed them with a friend of mine in his garage, but if you go that route i'd recommend buying a set of kyb gr2/agx or some other shocks/struts because the oem one's won't mix that well with new springs

oh and i linked you a set for a 4 cyl the set for a 6 is 255

This is where I got mine from http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tein-...Q5fAccessories

That is my car lowered

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Focus on getting a job first and getting all the preventative maintenance done first, and then once your car is healthy, then you can go one an start to change its looks. Its an old car and things will start going wrong, so if you want to stay on the road, save up some money and give it a through look around or take it into a shop for a routine check up.

Just do what u want with your car man,in this board you will find every question your possibly looking for just search,i suggest some wheels,a drop,maybe a lip once you read up on it and some side skirts for now till you get a bit older, learn about the cars performance and possibilities with it and then do some engine work

Banned
    Alright everyone thanks for the advice, i think i have an idea of what i want to do now, but can i ask if grill mods tend to turn out oK?

Alright everyone thanks for the advice, i think i have an idea of what i want to do now, but can i ask if grill mods tend to turn out oK?
    so whats your plan?

If anyone would like to continue talking shit, please go on. The disrespect and bullshit in this thread is an absolute horrible display of who and what TGC is made of.

For those that turned this thread into a complete CF and made me waste 20 minutes of my time cleaning up the thread, see you in 48 hours. :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

ouch two people banned

Actually three... You can be the 4th if you'd like.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Actually three... You can be the 4th if you'd like.
    I don't think he meant any disrespect Pete...

Pete is right... everyone let's get back to helping a new member to TGC on the right track... I didn't see any of the negative posts but lets be helpful and grow the community vs destroying it with negativity...

So with that being let's get back to topic or we will just lock this thread and the OP can either make a new one or do a search...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Well back to topic, The first thing, you should do all the maintenance required, change fluids, have it scanned in Pepboys (its free) or any major automotive store, write down the codes and bring them here so you know what is needed to be done.

After that If I were you I would save up money to buy some lowering springs and shocks, the lowering springs depends on how much you want to lower the car there are many springs like Eibach, Megan, Tein, Progress and they all have different drops. The Teins are the most used in this community and in a above post there are photos of a car using them, just need to search your application 99-03 V6 Galant or 00-05 V6 Eclipse as they share the same suspensions and engines. All the springs packages come with all 4 necessary springs. In the Tutorial section theres a How To so I encourage you to take a look there. When Installing Lowering Springs you should buy new shocks the most used are KYB GR2s or KYB AGX (they have adjustable stiffness and are more expensive).

After that I would go for the rims it doesn't matter if you dont have the money right away just save up for them, its worth it, the rims are whats going to make you really fall in love with your car, you can buy some OEM Evo rims or you can look around in the forum, you can look at this thread https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...favorite+wheel take ideas. The rims buy most be 5 x 114.3.

I know it a long read but it should be helpful, for me when talking about looks these two things are the most important.

4g64T 5spd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast