The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.4L starter issues

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar

2.4L starter issues

so my oem starter is clicking a lot lately......somehow someway way I got a remanufactured one for free...but it has two problems first for those who are pretty familiar with our starters... coming from the starter motor to the solenoid is the power wire it connects to the stud closest to the block..and the one towards the outside connects to the 12v....on the remanufactured its inverse so the 12v goes to the one closest to the block..and the startermotor wire connects to the outside stud...any ideas can i essentially removed the solenoid n I guess put it upside down so i can get a good reach to the 12v..its really tight trying to reach it to the inside stud or any ideas on this...secondly when I installed it the first time...this thing didn't engage the drive plate...i figured a bad reman so i took it to the store to have it tested..and it works perfect the gear pushes out like its suppose to... what could be causing this?

as always thanks for the advice

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDgswfO9UxU
    reverse the solenoid got it test worked fine...so heres the end result whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy