The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone else notice they aren't offering a v6 in the 2010 9g?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Anyone else notice they aren't offering a v6 in the 2010 9g?

Such a damn shame.
    I really did enjoy driving the ralliart 9g's

great cars! IDK that I could buy a 9g knowing it isn't going to have the instant torque of the big v6.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Motor Trend said something like they wanted to get rid of the remaining 9g stocks in the factory and keep it as a 4 cylinder model only. Their main focus within the Normal plant is with the Eclipse which still uses the 6G75 MIVEC powerplant and phase that out by 2012. At least that's what they said so far.

Ghey. Trying to purposely kill the car that has been their bread and butter for 40 years.

The Lancer/ Galant Fortis are their bread and butter now. They sell more of those than the older gen Lancers and the 9g combined (in the US).

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    The Lancer/ Galant Fortis are their bread and butter now. They sell more of those than the older gen Lancers and the 9g combined (in the US).
    Indeed. But it is like Honda not selling the Accord, or Ford not selling the Taurus. Mitsubishi customers will have no upsize from the Lancer other than a underpowered portly sedan. That also will be sorely lacking a V6 to actually compete with its Japanese and Domestic counterparts. They want to get to 100,000 vehicles again? Dispense with the stupidity and produce vehicles that outpower and outperform the competition.

Then Provide your consumers an upsize from those that want a larger vehicle than the Lancer, but not a SUV or CUV. I'd love the Rallart Galant, too bad Mitsubishi killed it for 2010. That is unless the 10G is coming, but I'd sorely doubt it.

I remember the 1999 8g V6 came out it did outclass and out performed it's competition......until 2000 came when other makes brought their lineups while Mitsu kept it the same until 2004. And that 100,000 dealie they have to sell a lot of Lancers to fill that quota.

yup...started for the 2010 models
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

dealer gave me the reason of fuel economy.
    idk if the galant is staying or not. but i know what they're doing right now with the SE model. just throwing away all the leftover eclipse gt wheels and ralliart body trim.
    there's been a lot of talk about ending the galant for good. but i hope they're just putting it on hold till the release of the 5g eclipse. which is looking like it'll go back to a 4 cyl turbo.
    the v6 is a great engine. but its big bastard and isnt nice on gas.

hoooooopefully.. when the new eclipse is out, we can see some turbo 4cyl galants? if they keep it around.

i just got an e-mail with an offer of a $4000 rebate on a Galant. When I went to Edmunds to see what they had I was very disappointed in the lineup. It looked to me like a sunroof wasn't even being offered. No thanks.

$4k off is nothing new. i got that on my 09 over a year ago..
    if you want take advantage of it, see if any dealers have 09 ralliarts left.