The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2x TD05s?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Badassdeeess

2x TD05s?

Hi. Ive just purchased 2 td05 turbos to put on my 93 VR4 6a12tt and i wanted 2 know...

1. What would i have to do to upgrade from the standard tdo25Ls
    and i have two 38 mm waste gates, would i have to have much custom piping for turbos and gates.

2. What else would i have to change with them for the engine to handle it

3. Do i have to upgrade cpu to a $500 one and get it remapped (what ever that is)

Im sorry i am just learning so if you could break it down simply, it would much appreciated

I only have a BOV, Front mount, boost gauge and 3 inch muffler tip at the moment.

Thanx in advance for all your help and time. Cheers

im guessing you've got the td05 16g, just so you now they will be very laggy, i personally would have gone with 2 tdo4s off the gsr

you'll have to make up new manifolds tp fit the wastegates on, not sure about the turbo flange but id say its different

if you've only got a 3 inch tip on your exhaust at the moment then i would definately look at going to either a 2.5 inch or 3 inch system

as far as what you have to change in the engine that all depends on how much boost you want to run, the conrods in these engines arnt much better than gsr items, realistically you wont get a hell of alot more power out of your new turbos compared to the old ones unless you do the internals, you will need to upgrade the injectors, alot of guys who have done a single coonversion have either gone with gsr, prelude, gto or similar injectors

you wont have to upgrade the ecu at all, but to cope with the extra fueling you'll need to run something similar to an apexi afc

again it all depends on how much power you want out it
    Last edited by 7gvr4; 03-17-2010 at 03:23 AM

yes like 7gvr4 said going to need new manifolds, more fuel (fuel return line and bigger injectors) a full 3in exhaust and safc and wideband for tuning.