The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: radio reception

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

radio reception

quick question, ive installed an aftermarket hu with no problems but the radio reception is horrible. i cant get a single station to come through, using the stock infinity setup with an aftermarket hu
    any ideas???

im not trying to be funny here but did you plug the antenna cable all the way in. double check it and make sure it didnt come out when you positioned the radio. and is your antenna in your rear glass or is it a regular antenna on the car?

glass antenna, ill check the antenna cable in the am, i was so pissed my last one was stolen that i installed that one in a hurry knowing me i didnt plug it up but i should have -_-

checked it out i didnt see an antenna plug......just the wire from the mitah adapater and the amp wire

rocgalant
    Quote Originally Posted by chessx View Post
    checked it out i didnt see an antenna plug......just the wire from the mitah adapater and the amp wire
    Sometimes, the posts can be slow on here. Have you tried crutchfield's forum? I got a lot of good information on there in a timely manner on many occassions there. Also, this is less reliable and you have potentially more a-holes chiming in, but caraudion.com/forum may be useful as well.

Personally, I don't really have much of an idea as to why the radio wouldn't work. Good luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by chessx View Post
    If you didn't see the antenna wire then it probably fell down into the dash. Try hooking up the blue wire on the aftermarket harness to the blue or blue/white wire on the radio harness. In glass antennas are often amplified.
    this is of course after you find the antenna wire and plug it in.
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

LOL the wire is there it just fell down in the maze of wires its a black wire it a male end on it just (search) for it

[QUOTE=ricky_db;577919]LOL the wire is there it just fell down in the maze of wires its a black wire it a male end on it just (search) for it [/QUOTE

This is very true, mine seems rather very short and every time i remove my head unit it disappears into the abyss of wires below. ill take a few pics for ya

My antenna wire falls down here below the A/C controls, mainly because its rather short.

This is the female connector that is coming from my head unit, its where you need to connect that antenna.

This is the antenna wire coming from your vehicle, you will most likely have no radio signal if it is not connected properly into your head unit.

ohh ef me lol im going to search in that dark abyss tommorrow morning -_- will check back with u guys in the am thanks!

found it but in my searching i cracked my radio bezel smh, anyone know where to get one, i just scoured the jy's and nothing

crazy glue that h@e from the back or pay the 25-50 bucks for a ebay one that pops up from time to time

Yea I figured as much , gorrila glue it is

mission accomplished :), radio sounds crisp and clean thanks guys !

I have a CDA 9856 and ever since i changed to it from the factory deck my radio has alot of static. I plugged in the antenna and ive check it to make sure its all the way in, but still shitty reception. Am i forgetting something? I have the window antenna.