The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: max output for 4g64

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

max output for 4g64

hey everyone, how much hp can a 4g64 can handle engine wise...i mean if it was maxed out with all sorts of "goodies" under the hood??
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

hehe... please dont use sources from grand turismo for ps1....

your 4g64 can handle as much power as ur wallet can afford...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

has any one gone above 400hp with there galants???

Experienced TGC Member
    Are you tlaking about a race built engine or the stock internals??

huge difference there.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

IllestGalant
    I am in the process of building a 4G64 with a knife-edge crank, alloy bearings, 2 stage camshaft, enlarged and cut valves, ported and polished intake, port matched head, full header back exhaust and the guys at the machine shop think if I up the compression a little bit and move to 94 octane and a 75 shot of nos i will be hitting 375 horsepower.
    I can't wait to see if they are right.

engine pretty much race built

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>engine pretty much race built</div>

Kinda silly question, if you really have money anything is possible. Magnus Motorsports has an 800hp 4g64. Im sure it cost them a shitload to design and build.

Id be more interested in what the stock internals could handle before falling apart.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

HiperSilver
    pretty vague arent we...

Budget?

hehe ic i was just pondering Has there any galant that has reached 10 seconds by any chance or even faster??

Kain
    Uhh, define race built? Probably the weakest part of the '64 bottom end is the Pistons. Because they are not forged. The stock stuff is probably gonna start getting stressed around 400 hp. Go to forged pistons and the bottom end is good to 600+ hp. If you just wanna have a really long list of parts so you can say "nothing on this engine is stock" You could cryo and even more knife-edge the crank, add oil squirters, upgrade the rods, Go with Clevite bearings, and probably even sleeve the cylinder walls, but unless you're looking to just break the bank or break the sound barrier or something, forged pistons is plenty. Money is better spent in the head, but if you're really going all out, just get a 2g Eclipse head and add all the goodies. You'll be pushing about 250 wheel hp than (assuming proper intake/exhaust mods) Forced induction (with proper fuel) is gonna blast ya right past the 600 hp mark. Though, remember when you stress an engine too far stuff starts to break at an alarming rate. (Like the 1200 hp B16 that litterally melted after 2 min or so of operation) I wouldn't go past 400 hp for anything you plan to drive on the street. There's just no point. Beyond that you're just gonna be breaking stuff and getting tickets.

IllestGalant
    if you put 600 hp on a stock crank and rods, I don't care what pistons you have, call me up and tell me when you step on the throttle so I can watch your crankshaft coming blowing out of the hood.

98TsiAWD
    The 4g64 crank will take 600hp. The rods will not, they will fail ~450hp. Us DSMers run the 4g64 bottom end with our 4g63 head on it at 5-600hp on a daily basis. Of course not all over it boosting all the time but still. The crank is the least of your worries in the 4g63/64's. I dont see any reason why you guys couldnt put the 4g63/64 hybrid engine into your cars as well. But of course you will need a 95 eclipse computer and wire that all up, big pita. But with the 95 eprom computer you can get www.dsmlink.com

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    weve already accomplished the headswap
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IllestGalant
    if you put 600 hp on a stock crank and rods, I don't care what pistons you have, call me up and tell me when you step on the throttle so I can watch your crankshaft coming blowing out of the hood.
    aaahahahahahahaha :laughing:

Headswaps have already been done. Seth and I will probably have it done by the end of the summer. Im using a 1g head, 97 turbo ecu. Actualy gonna try to get the turbo ecu running the stock 4g64 sohc. I was talking with a few people and I think a turbo ecu will give more power to the sohc. I need the wiring harness and knock sensor still before I do that though.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

98TsiAWD
    Quote Originally Posted by JiP
    Quote Originally Posted by IllestGalant
    aaahahahahahahaha :laughing:

Headswaps have already been done. Seth and I will probably have it done by the end of the summer. Im using a 1g head, 97 turbo ecu. Actualy gonna try to get the turbo ecu running the stock 4g64 sohc. I was talking with a few people and I think a turbo ecu will give more power to the sohc. I need the wiring harness and knock sensor still before I do that though.
    In order to get a 1h head onto a SOHC 4g64 block you will need to plug 5 holes in your block, here is a pic:

Experienced TGC Member
    Technically you dont even have to plug them. You do it to keep dirt n shit out...I know people who simply covered it with a small square of sheet metal placed over the hole, under the gasket..which is what I plan to do. You really wanna plug it good, tap the whole and get a hex plug that will fit.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

TurboGalant
    Take this a step further...

If I already have new pistons, the DOHC from a 94 GS, an E-prom computer from a 95 GST, 450cc injectors, and about $6K, what kind of HP can I get up to?

And something else to consider, for those wanting to get more HP, is your tranny going to be able to handle it?

HiperSilver
    tranny wont handle it.

might wanna get a TRE built trans, fwd 5 speed.

You can get new rods, 1mm oversized Ferrea valves, HKS 272 cams, t3/04 turbo, external gate it...blah blah...easy 450 hp

but with taht setup you got now its too hard to say..what kind of turbo you got?

man i need to save up some serious cash for these mods :twisted:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast