The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car choking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 57
    Can you tell me where are those two sensors located?

I'm going to summarize whats been told to you and try to add a little bit.

First of all, its been suggested to you that you unplug your rear o2 sensor as this might be the cause. The 02 sensors are located before and after the catalytic converter.

If you look underneath your front end you will see the header and catalytic converter connected right behind that. The one just behind the catalytic converter is the rear o2 sensor. It will have a plug which you can just pull off. If its been changed with a universal you might have to cut the wire, as you generally have to to hardwire them depending on the brand.

The front o2 sensor should be somewhere before the catalytic converter. Its most likely right under the header or close to there.

As far as the other suggestions. It looks like some think you should check your maf, and/or replace it.

The maf is located in the engine bay, its connected to the intake tubing and has a plug connected to it. I'm sure finding a replacement is easy just need to check around. I believe the 2g turbo eclipse/talon maf will also be a direct replacement.

Its possible even if you did the timing belt and components that your timing is off. It can't hurt to check. I always check timing after a few hundred miles of doing anything requiring timing related components.

I personally believe it could be the maf or the o2 sensor. If it was me. I would replace both o2 sensors with new ones. I would also replace the maf with a known working one.

Everyone who has responded to you thinks these are your issues. The items are pretty clear cut as to where they are located.

Let us know how it goes!

is that the correct replacement for MAF? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GALAN...Q5fAccessories
    As far as oxygen sensors I'll check them today... if car runs the same with or without sensor that means that it is the sensor if car runs worse without the sensor that means its not that sensor , correct?
    Last edited by kondypl; 03-14-2010 at 01:51 PM

pm me if you want a MAF. I can ship it tomarrow. its in my trunk.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I didn't have time to check sensors today , but before i took some pictures :

1st the thing that I circled... what is this ?? is it one of the sensors by any chances?

2nd I did so i can figure out how do you place Short Ram Intake in our cars , I was thinking that you take all of the marked thing out and put pipe and cone filter there but that would be taking MAF out.... is that right ? how would you put intake in there?

dont touch just try to take out the rear 02 sensor and tell us what happen

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i dont know if this has been covered before, but how are your spark plugs? gapped properly? good condition?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Spark plugs were changed last year , nothing changed , can someone answer my questions from pictures?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    if you wanna know what sensor that plug is for, trace it and see where it goes. i think it's you're front O2 sensor, but trace it and you'll know. did you ever run that compression check?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

1. yes that is the plug, but im not sure if its for front or rear. the plugs on top of the intake manifold differ thru out the years. Most likely its the front. The rear should be going into the the body thru a hole under the drivers seat. the plug should be somewhere there.

2. Yes you can replace the stock intake pipe with other pipes, mas adapter, mas and a cone filter. youll have no gains with the short ram.

Build Thread

So thats whole idea of Short Ram?? Replace intake pipe , MAF stays , change regular air filter with cone air filter?? I still didnt have time to unplug and check O2 Sensors but I found their location. I'll check on them tmrw for sure and tell them if its changing anything. Is there a way to check MAF?

the idea is to make honda drivers think they have 300hp under the hood.

Just a cone filter will ease up the airflow, but the air will be very hot and wont have any benefits performance wise

Build Thread

So I checked those O2 sensors , When I unplug them Its not changing anything really except it started to smell kinda funky when i drove around a block , also i did pass emission test not too long ago so i dont think its any of the O2 sensors..... My friend saw the car today he said it might be MAF as well....
    Last edited by kondypl; 03-16-2010 at 02:34 PM

I'm planning to order http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...item439de61d73 and MAF sensor , and I hope thats gonna take care of the problem.....

That intake piping won't fit your car. Does that engine bay look anything like under your hood?

I believe the only way to make a intake is to do a custom job or look at the how-to's on this forum. Its pretty simple.

why dont you start your car unplug the maf sensor and see if it runs any differntly. if it doesnt then u know ur mas is bad. also check the inside of the mas to make sure all the honey combs are there. also make sure it has a good seal to your intake pipe it could be pulling in unmetered air. thats the things i would check.

Quote Originally Posted by diamondragon16 View Post
    That intake piping won't fit your car. Does that engine bay look anything like under your hood?

I believe the only way to make a intake is to do a custom job or look at the how-to's on this forum. Its pretty simple.
    I know its not for 7G but beside cutting the pipe what else wouldnt fit?? Also I will unplug MAF and we'll see if what gonna happend there....

If you want to do a custom intake of some kind. Get a Maf adapter and throw a cone intake on it. While your at it you can get a 60 degree bent 3 inch pipe and use that in place of the plastic intake tube. Thats what I'm planning on doing. Just as soon as I get the maf adapter. It's probably cheaper to do it that way anyway then to buy one for a 8th gen intake and cut it. I hope you get your issue fixed.

Also. In your signature, your lights are REALLY bright. I don't think mine are even close to that bright. How did you accomplish this?

The set for 8th gen has MAF sensor Adapter, Vacuum hose, Couplers and Clamps , intake pipe and Cone Filter , I believe that all custom job that I would have to do is cut that intake pipe.... everything else would be good i believe.... and its $40... Anyway Ill check MAF at 7PM cuz im at work right now.

btw I'm using silverstar ultra , but ill be switching to HID's soon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast