The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galveston Cruise 3-27-10 hosted by GM Tuners of Houston

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34

Galveston Cruise 3-27-10 hosted by GM Tuners of Houston

Whether you own a GM compact or not, GM of Houston cordially invites you to our semi-annual Galveston Cruise! Once held annually (typically in the fall) we have decided in recent years to hold it twice a year due to popular demand! With the beginning of a new decade, we thought we'd make a few changes to our cruise! This year's participants can expect to see a change in the route and a slight tweak to the events during the cruise. Instead of our usual route from Nasa Rd. 1 down I-45 South, we will start our cruise at the Bass Pro Sporting Goods Shop located off of HWY 288 and Sam Houston Tollway South--here is a map for specific directions:
    http://content.basspro.com/outdoorwo...cfm?storeID=50
    Our cruise will then follow HWY 288 and through HWY 332, and make a pit stop at BUC-EE's off of HWY 332. Again, here's a map noting the pit stop:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4231%2...N&hl=en&tab=wl
    Following the brief pit-stop, we will cruise from Freeport all along the coast and arrive at our usual final destination, Salsa's Mexican Restaurant, for some good food and great company! From there, we will have a photo-opportunity at Cherry Hill, only five minutes northeast of Salsa's, along the seawall. As oppose to ending our cruise at this moment, we thought it would be more appropriate to end our Galveston cruise with, what else, a relaxing day at the beach! So plan out a whole day to spend time we our humble team and get to know some other great teams from the Houston area!

Here is a breakdown of our schedule of events:

Day of meet:MARCH 27th

* Northside Pre-meet 10:30 (Rollout at 11:15am to the Bass Pro location)
    Hooters of Spring
    120 FM 1960 West (just off of I-45 North)
    Houston, TX 77090

* Bass Pro Shop Pre-meet -- 11:30am [/i] (Rollout at 12:30pm)
    1000 Basspro Drive
    Pearland, TX 77047

* Pitstop at BUC-EE's in Freeport
    4231 E. Hwy 332
    Freeport, TX 77541
    * Lunch at Salsas in Galveston (around 3pm)
    * Photoshoot at Cherry Hill in Galveston
    * End the day at the beach

Other Important Information:
    Money:
    Bring Lunch Money and $2 for tollway fee in Freeport. Please fill your gas tanks before you arrive at the Bass Proshop pre-meet so we do not have to sidetrack the cruise so you can get gas.

Rules and Formalities:
    -ABSOLUTELY NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL OF ANY KIND!!
    -No littering
    -No revving your engine
    -Observe all traffic laws when entering and exiting the parking lot (this means no test runs or racing of any kind. You will be asked to leave)
    -Respect each other and vehicles
    Our Galveston Cruise is the main way we interact with different teams and car clubs in the Houston area, and therefore expect to see vehicles that are non-GM at our event. It is because of this that we will strictly enforce the rule about RESPECT for other people's vehicle choice. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the loss of your forum privileges (or you will be banned altogether) and you will no longer be invited to a GM of Houston meet. Like I said, we've never had to enforce these rules because we have an awesome group of people here who have an outstanding level of courteousness and etiquette. Bottom line, LET'S ALL HAVE FUN!!!

*Because we will be making reservations with Salsa's for this event, we ask that if you are planning on attending the cruise, please R.S.V.P by adding your name to the list of attendees, along with how many guests you plan on bringing. This thread will be posted on multiple forums, so it is important for us to have an exact count before we make our reservations.

are you going pete

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I'll be in Galveston this summer for 2 weeks, just laying on the beach doing nothing.

with your car

Why would I post something that I'm not going? I've been getting questions via pm from folks wondering are if there are any local activities in town. Just because there's no Galants present at some meet doesn't make it shitty. I'm way past that. If you want to be loved and adored at every meet go invest in a Civic hatchback. They love you a good time!

as long as you going i going to

where you want to meet up first
    \

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    IDK what I can do.. Just got suspended from work for a week so things are going to be pretty tense between the managers and I. I'll see about pulling this date off.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Just because there's no Galants present at some meet doesn't make it shitty.
    I can't speak for Warren, but personally I don't like going to meets when I'm the only Galant there OR when I will know no one there. Believe it or not but I'm the quiet type that stays in the background and generally doesn't talk to anyone I don't know. It ends up being awkward or boring.

And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I'll be in Galveston this summer for 2 weeks, just laying on the beach doing nothing.
    Like was asked, are you bringing your car? Will you be here for the meet? I think some of the TGCTX members should have a little welcoming thing lol.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Arro View Post
    Like was asked, are you bringing your car? Will you be here for the meet? I think some of the TGCTX members should have a little welcoming thing lol.
    Im not sure if m bringing my car yet. Depends on gas prices since my car takes premium fuel only. It's either Galveston or Florida. Not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Arro View Post
    I can't speak for Warren, but personally I don't like going to meets when I'm the only Galant there OR when I will know no one there. Believe it or not but I'm the quiet type that stays in the background and generally doesn't talk to anyone I don't know. It ends up being awkward or boring.
    Congratualation! And that's the reason why I no longer post meets here. All this I won't go to a meet all because there's no/ little Galants there is stupid. There are folks out there think I'm the only modified Galant in town but that doesn't faze me one bit. I enjoy other people's company I don't give a rat's ass whether if they drive a Galant or not. If you can't handle that kind of level I can't imagine what your daily schedule is like? Suck up and meet other people.

if i was there i would hit that up even in the tahoe lol

^ that's what I'm saying. It's like saying Galant owners are different breed of people (some are) and we are compelled to just hang out with them only.

funny pete so i will se you there

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Pete I kinda miss TX if it wasnt so hot most of the year and there were a few fewer hill billies I was going to consider moving there.....
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I heard this year is da shitz for hurricanes you should get a temporary transfer for all the insurance stuff...

yeah i going for two reason i one you there and second is they going to take picture of the whole meetup and my car and you car will be standing out

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I heard this year is da shitz for hurricanes you should get a temporary transfer for all the insurance stuff...
    ooh shit i might stay in the guard after all lol

I'm surprised we didn't get a hurricane last year..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast