The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: drip molding help

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar

drip molding help

I need some assistance getting this drip molding level, any help would be nice. Also the clips are not holding it down very good, Keith said use some black or clear silicone but I thought I would see what everyone thought!

Its just not sitting flat, and I am having some trouble with it. Thanks in advance.

Mine came completely off at the top of my rear window. Even when i used clear silicone. No leaks so far, been this way for a while now.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

got most of it to sit flush, just need to get it glued down or silcone because the clips are not holding that well.

I had to replace one on my car. It is not that expensive from the dealer. If you know anyone that does glass install (windshields, etc), they know how to properly do this.

Using my discount through my shop, I got the molding for about 60 bucks. I know a guy who does glass and I gave him $40 bucks and he did a great job. It looks perfect - much better than any glue or silicone.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

are you short on clips or something? just curious. I know i broke one of them

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    These things suck to replace.. If you take em off another Galant, say at a junkyard, you most likely break all the clips anyway.. I hate these things.

if it looks like you need clips, i can just send them to ya.. i wont mind helping you out.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

i believe I have all the clips, unless there are supposed to be some on the car itself and the molding.

There are supposed to be clips on the molding and on the car. A new molding from the dealer comes with the clips on the molding itself, but does not come with the clips for the car itself.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Can anybody specify which ones are needed? I need to replace my clips