The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Air Intake Noise

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    cdaw2001ES

Air Intake Noise

greetings, Put my MAS adapter and K&N cone on today, and this puppy is loud. Sounds like a muffler, but the noise comes from the intake. I cant even hear my muffler over it. Sounds like a BIG dirt bike. I guess now I know why it had all the resonators from the factory- to keep it quite.

I sorta like it, but I prefer my noise to coincide with performance, and as it is (before the headers) this puppys bark is worse than it's bite.

Senior TGC Member
    Hehe...my CAI is pretty quite...more of a whine than a roar.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

yea the intake, especially at high rpms will most likely outsound the muffler

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

cdaw2001ES
    yep.. I cant hear it under 2.5K, sounds and feels the best at about 4.5~5K, It's the 2.5-4.0 range that sucks at the moment.

Supernova
    I can't wait to get a cold air intake put in mine. It'll probally be a CAI too.

Black2k1GTZ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can't wait to get a cold air intake put in mine. Â*It'll probally be a CAI too.</div>

Bro...a CAI is a Cold Air Intake!!!So hopefully you will be putting it in at the same time...or something is seriously wrong!!!!

Marc :mg:

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can't wait to get a cold air intake put in mine. Â*It'll probally be a CAI too.</div>

Bro...a CAI is a Cold Air Intake!!!So hopefully you will be putting it in at the same time...or something is seriously wrong!!!!

Marc :mg:</div>

F***IN S***!!! >_<

From what I was reading, i was thinking a CAI was a brand of cold air intake. I didn't know it was just the abbreviation.

I feel stupid. I'm going to go jump off a bridge now....

Senior TGC Member
    Just make sure you do it without the car please...we don't feel like entering the Xander Zone
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can't wait to get a cold air intake put in mine. Â*It'll probally be a CAI too.</div>

Marc :mg:</div>

F***IN S***!!! >_<

From what I was reading, i was thinking a CAI was a brand of cold air intake. I didn't know it was just the abbreviation.

This is some funny shit right here...if you are looking for a good CAI (cold air intake), Go for Injen or AEM. Don't waste your time going with that CAI brand....

Matt

I feel stupid. I'm going to go jump off a bridge now....</div>
    Love,
    Matt

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just make sure you do it without the car please...we don't feel like entering the Xander Zone </div>

Thanks alot....

>.>
    <.<

:: stabs Rallifan ::

Always the opportunist, Fishboy sneaks over and steals SuperNova's car while he and Rallifan are fighting :jester:
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Senior TGC Member
    hehehe

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Always the opportunist, Fishboy sneaks over and steals SuperNova's car while he and Rallifan are fighting :jester:</div>
    Dude, to show an action you must do this:

*incert action here*

or

:: incert action here ::

Thats just to help you out in the long run.

ps: Gimmie back my car. :thumbsup: