The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HID kits for non projectors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Something I just noticed... On DDM's site, there is a "tutorial" on how to install the kit yourself, and it shows how to do it with every type of bulb. When you look, 9004 bulbs are part of the same tutorial as 9007. Look...

http://ddmtuning.com/support/index.p...1&pcid=0&nav=0

I wonder if they think 9004 should work on 9007 and sent you the 9004 on purpose, to a degree.

rocgalant
    I just called them because I didn't want to wait for someone to respond to my ticket online. The person emailed me an RMA and told me to just return the bulbs. So I'm supposed to hold on to the ballasts and the wiring harness. They will replace the 9004s and send me the correct 9007 bulbs. After I PM'ed you, I checked a couple other forums online and it turns out that the 9004 bulb is longer, which explains why it didn't fit in my housing.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Quote Originally Posted by rocgalant View Post
    I just called them because I didn't want to wait for someone to respond to my ticket online. The person emailed me an RMA and told me to just return the bulbs. So I'm supposed to hold on to the ballasts and the wiring harness. They will replace the 9004s and send me the correct 9007 bulbs. After I PM'ed you, I checked a couple other forums online and it turns out that the 9004 bulb is longer, which explains why it didn't fit in my housing.

Thanks for the heads up though.
    No problem bro. Are they reimbursing you for the shipping to return it to them?

rocgalant
    Quote Originally Posted by tr1kst4nce View Post
    No problem bro. Are they reimbursing you for the shipping to return it to them?
    The provided me with a UPS return shipping label so there is no cost to send to them. Speaking with the associate (I didn't think to ask) and checking the website, it does not appear that I would pay for them to ship the correct bulbs to me. I would expect that they wouldn't though. It's not like I'm the one that screwed up.

Well even tho this is in an 8g. i said i would post after my kit came. I just got done installing and i couldn't be happier. Basically my low beams are my new high beams lol.

These pictures don't really do justice. They are just sweet looking inside and outside of the car.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Well even tho this is in an 8g. i said i would post after my kit came. I just got done installing and i couldn't be happier. Basically my low beams are my new high beams lol.

These pictures don't really do justice. They are just sweet looking inside and outside of the car.
    Nice... what K rating did you go with for the fogs and the lo's?

Quote Originally Posted by tr1kst4nce View Post
    Nice... what K rating did you go with for the fogs and the lo's?
    Ha the lo's are still hid imitation bulbs (basically stock bulb with blue tint). I went with 8000k in the fogs. My kit is from option racing through ebay. I've heard good things about the company and wanted to give it a try.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12