The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tein springs Question?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 52
    Experienced TGC Member

Icon5 Tein springs Question?

Ok guys as most of you know I totaled the lex and im back in a 8g. Looking to do my suspension since my oem shocks are blown and my car feels like a ship in water every time I hit a bump on the road lol. I have a i4 but was thinking of going with v6 springs since they offer a lower drop. My question is since i4 and v6 use the same shocks I shouldn't have a problem with gr2 since tein has both of them listed as they work with oem shocks. They both use the same spring rates to. Btw I know I can get lower on coilovers but since it is my daily driver I want to keep the ride smooth. I had tein coilovers b4 and they were too stiff for my liking on a daily driver. Pics would be nice too so if you have pics on tein springs feel free to post pics of your stance ;) thanks in advance guys
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I had Tein s-Techs with KYB AGX on my I4 but not for a V6. They will fit just fine. Weather is KYB GR-2 or KYB AGX or OE. They rode so nice, I loved them when I had them. Not a very aggressive drop but definitely a nice ride. You might actually sit higher in front since they are for a V6 that's heavier in front.

do 2gs eclipses use the same springs as 8gs? I know the rears are the same. I got a set of tokico springs off the GSX i dont want. You can have them if they fit the 8g. it will probably drop it way low tho. I think I was on 1 finger gap all around on the gsx.

i thought 2g eclipse suspension wise was different and only 3g eclipse suspension would work

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the shocks/ struts are the same but the springs are different...the front of the i4 will sit higher if you use the v6 springs since the weight of the engine bay on the v6 is obviously more. tein compensates this in thier springs. they will work of couse however it wouldnt achieve the same drop as if you bought the i4 springs

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    do 2gs eclipses use the same springs as 8gs? I know the rears are the same. I got a set of tokico springs off the GSX i dont want. You can have them if they fit the 8g. it will probably drop it way low tho. I think I was on 1 finger gap all around on the gsx.

They will not.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I had Tein s-Techs with KYB AGX on my I4 but not for a V6. They will fit just fine. Weather is KYB GR-2 or KYB AGX or OE. They rode so nice, I loved them when I had them. Not a very aggressive drop but definitely a nice ride. You might actually sit higher in front since they are for a V6 that's heavier in front.

Good looks on the pic and info. That is the drop and look I'm going for. Nice ride and what size rims are those?

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    thanks Aaron but I'm going to go with galant springs

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    the shocks/ struts are the same but the springs are different...the front of the i4 will sit higher if you use the v6 springs since the weight of the engine bay on the v6 is obviously more. tein compensates this in thier springs. they will work of couse however it wouldnt achieve the same drop as if you bought the i4 springs
    Good looks this is exactally what I needed to know

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepervr-4 View Post
    Good looks on the pic and info. That is the drop and look I'm going for. Nice ride and what size rims are those?
    Thanks,19s.

Experienced TGC Member
    Ok guys just ordered the i4 ones from www.importcarpartsplus.com for $217 shipped.....not bad :)
    Last edited by Sleepervr-4; 03-13-2010 at 09:30 AM

Ok guys just ordered the i4 ones from wesellcarparts for $217 shipped.....not bad :)
    Sweet, you're going to love the ride dude.

lets see pics of said G...anything serious with this one angel? or just going from a to b for now?

In for pics.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    lets see pics of said G...anything serious with this one angel? or just going from a to b for now?
    I'm just using it to go from a to b for now but you never know. Going to take it slow and upgrade as stuff breaks lol So far I put in the system off the lex and now it is getting dropped. Maybe I'll put on the g35 19" rays on that I took off the gs so it will look better for some pics :) Anyone know if they will rub? They are staggered 19x8 & 19x8.5 with 245/35 tires on them. I believe the offsets are 30f 33r.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    In for pics.
    I'll post some pics as soon as I get it installed

I'm just using it to go from a to b for now but you never know. Going to take it slow and upgrade as stuff breaks lol So far I put in the system off the lex and now it is getting dropped. Maybe I'll put on the g35 19" rays on that I took off the gs so it will look better for some pics :) Anyone know if they will rub? They are staggered 19x8 & 19x8.5 with 245/35 tires on them. I believe the offsets are 30f 33r.

I'll post some pics as soon as I get it installed

They will stick out and 245 is too wide for a Galant unless you go higher on offset. You'll have to get like 225 and have that stretched look. I think thy will rub.

ubless of course you do some major cutting. and run coilovers instead. greddy is running some pretty crazy wheels size.

they wont fit as is though

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i have 235/35r19 and they rub against my suspension, plus i had to shave fenders

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Experienced TGC Member
    Eh don't think I want to cut my car up to make wheels fit so time to put those wheels on craigslist lol. I do have some good news though...........

now I just need the shocks to arrive.

did u get the galant or eclipse springs. says 247.00 for 8g galant and 209.00 for 3g eclipse n only diff is .2 in the rear

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast