The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: suspension

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 77
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    i got the stocks now i dont want it 2 low though thats my only problem if i didnt have a family i would drop my g 2 the floor i no i shouldnt but cutting my springs isnt such a bad idea and i no thats a no no here ive already cut one whole coil and it rides fine i dont no wat 2 do

im just gonna use the lowering springs i got already the dropzone and get agx struts

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I would recommend the Tein S-Tech's & AGX combo. Thats what Im running now, you can check my build thread in the project section, I have about 2 finger gap in the rear, and 3 finger gap up front. Adjustability off the AGX struts is great bcz I can make the car really stiff or nice and smooth. Drop is perfect IMO bcz Im not too low but its looks good still. And I dont scrape my subframe at all or my bumper unless Im not paying attention. Very practical for a DD. Also the AGX's give the Teins an additional finger gap for some reason vs. the GR-2's as well.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

u no wat i was gonna do that ihad that opifeny or how ever u spell it lol im gonna get them from summitracing.com... no disrespect 2 anyone else but ivory ur the 1st one to give me some solid advice thanks ill post pics when its done...

im lookin to have about 1-2 fingers in the front and 2 fingers in the back. any recommendations on springs that will accomodate that kind of drop or should i just go wit coils

u would go with wat ivory said its really the only thing that makes sense 2 me

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    u no wat i was gonna do that ihad that opifeny or how ever u spell it lol im gonna get them from summitracing.com... no disrespect 2 anyone else but ivory ur the 1st one to give me some solid advice thanks ill post pics when its done...
    LOL! Its spelled "Epiphany", LOL! No worries, glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by epicrock8g View Post
    im lookin to have about 1-2 fingers in the front and 2 fingers in the back. any recommendations on springs that will accomodate that kind of drop or should i just go wit coils
    If you want that much of a drop you would need to go with the Megan Racing springs, and the AGX's. Teins will give you 2-3 finger gap up front, dependent on if ur a V6 or I4.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

is it true they dont make agx for any 8G?

is it true they dont make agx for any 8G?
    All 3G Eclipse suspension (2000-2005), is transferable to the 8G suspension.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

so i look up as wat 2000 mitsu eclipse? do i have 2 alter it in any way? say if i wanted to use my stock springs with the agx, could i do it?

so i look up as wat 2000 mitsu eclipse? do i have 2 alter it in any way? say if i wanted to use my stock springs with the agx, could i do it?
    no need to alter, its the same component they are just made for the eclipse which is slightly lighter.

Yes, No, possible but not worth it.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

thats wat i needed to know as long as they are "plug n play" lol im good lol

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    If you want that much of a drop you would need to go with the Megan Racing springs, and the AGX's. Teins will give you 2-3 finger gap up front, dependent on if ur a V6 or I4.
    ok thanks. im looking for real low drop. i had 0 fingers on my srt-4 with the tein springs. granted my stuts were shot lol but that shit was fuckin low

Quote Originally Posted by epicrock8g View Post
    ok thanks. im looking for real low drop. i had 0 fingers on my srt-4 with the tein springs. granted my stuts were shot lol but that shit was fuckin low
    Lol! Well im sure ur struts had sum to do with that. But if you want it to be 0 finger gaps, you'd have to go 4 Coilovers.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

doesnt have to be that low i just want lower in front than in the back and some good handling at high speeds

Megans would be fine then, check around at some pix of the members car to see the drop...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-S...item5ad7466ba3
    check it out let me no wat u think

Ya killn me here with "No" it's spelled "KNOW". LOL!
    OK, from what Ive learned, the GR-2's are OEM replacements. They dont have adjustability like the AGX's and dont last long term on cars that are dropped. But there are a number of G's on here with this setup, so that's completely at your own risk. Springtech's Ive heard of before, but am not familiar with their quality. Maybe someone else knows more about these...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast