The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: suspension

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 77
    You can get teins for 202 shipped or around that and I get gr2s at 60 bucks a piece so its the same price for teins and gr2s.

I am on gr2s for the time being as AGX were out of price range. I just want the, to last me until I can get coilovers. I am dropped on gr2s and teins a year this week.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=40668 Get those and AGX for around 450 total and call it a day

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    i was thinkin eibach its 1" in the front and 1.2" in the back with some gas matic struts
    I have K Sports and dropped mine 3" in the front and 1" in the back. If it wasn't for scraping while pulling into my driveway I would of like to go another 1" in the front and back. A 1" drop is not enough.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    im gonna go with eibach and agx i want the drop but not to aggressive eibachs seem like the way to go for me ill post pics when i do it

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Ya killn me here with "No" it's spelled "KNOW". LOL!
    OK, from what Ive learned, the GR-2's are OEM replacements. They dont have adjustability like the AGX's and dont last long term on cars that are dropped. But there are a number of G's on here with this setup, so that's completely at your own risk. Springtech's Ive heard of before, but am not familiar with their quality. Maybe someone else knows more about these...
    I heard the same thing about the GR-2's, but the guy that helped me lower my car has had his Stratus lowered on GR-2's for 2 years now with no problems. The car is also his daily driver so there has been alot of miles put on the struts.
    Last edited by wright06jhs; 03-16-2010 at 03:10 AM
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    You can get teins for 202 shipped or around that and I get gr2s at 60 bucks a piece so its the same price for teins and gr2s.

I am on gr2s for the time being as AGX were out of price range. I just want the, to last me until I can get coilovers. I am dropped on gr2s and teins a year this week.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=40668 Get those and AGX for around 450 total and call it a day
    Oh yeah I forgot about the Progress's, they are just as good as Teins from what I've heard. That would be the best bet.

To OP, Im telln you if you buy the AGX's with Eibach's I dont think youre going to have a drop that will satisfy you. Progress or Teins will be the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by wright06jhs View Post
    I heard the same thing about the GR-2's, but the guy that helped me lower my car has had his Stratus lowered on GR-2's for 2 years now with no problems. The car is also his daily driver so there has been alot of miles put on the struts.
    Yeah Ive heard of ppl doing this as well, but my idea of long term is more long term is more like 5-10 yrs. And depends on your towns driving conditions and the persons driving habits. I still believe the AGX's are better suited for a dropped vehicle. For those who just want a quick fix, or dont plan on keeping the car long term, than yes that might workout for you.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

you guys are persistant lol as soon as i get the monet i'll do teins wit the agx

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

you guys are persistant lol as soon as i get the monet i'll do teins wit the agx
    I said the same as Ivory, you want to have a 1-2 finger gap and that isn't the drop Eibach will give you, if the roads are sh!t use Teins, look good and comfortable, if the roads are in good condition and you want a more aggressive look then go for Progress or Megans. Teins is your best bet.

4g64T 5spd

but state inspection law requires at least a 3 finger gap from tire to wheel well to pass inspection. thats why i was gonna do eibach cuz the drop wasnt gonna be too much. and when the springs settle it would be about a 1.5 to 1.7 drop in the front and about 1.3 drop in the back i guess i'll have to see when the money comes lol.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    ^ are you serious? what about BMW's? they have like a 1 finger gap

never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    ^ are you serious? what about BMW's? they have like a 1 finger gap
    yea seriously... lol

and just FYI, depending on your setup, Progress springs may or may not give you less than a 3 finger gap. I used to have a 2 finger gap (and I have damn skinny fingers) with my old stock struts and automatic transmission, and now with AGX and manual transmission it's more than 3.

blue8g
    I still believe the AGX's are better suited for a dropped vehicle. For those who just want a quick fix, or dont plan on keeping the car long term, than yes that might workout for you.
    This is where I disagree, where the AGX's may be better able to deal with the higher spring rates it's still a full-length damper so it won't be any better suited to handle a shorter spring.......

but state inspection law requires at least a 3 finger gap from tire to wheel well to pass inspection.
    I don't know if I believe that because as suggested many vehicles come stock that are that low.

well im gonna call kyb tein n eibach technical support tomorrow and see what they say and which ever comes out on top is what i'll buy

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    but state inspection law requires at least a 3 finger gap from tire to wheel well to pass inspection. thats why i was gonna do eibach cuz the drop wasnt gonna be too much. and when the springs settle it would be about a 1.5 to 1.7 drop in the front and about 1.3 drop in the back i guess i'll have to see when the money comes lol.
    Thats what Ive been tryna tell you, I have a 3 finger gap up front & 2 in the back right now with the Tein/AGX combo. So if thats what you're looking for then get that.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

go w/ TEIN BASICS. they are not damping adjustable (just like GR-2) so they are cheaper than most other coilovers. they do however have ride height adjustability just like other coilovers. you will be able to get the EXACT stance you want then if need be, you can raise the car up for inspection and lower back down again after you pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    go w/ TEIN BASICS. they are not damping adjustable (just like GR-2) so they are cheaper than most other coilovers. they do however have ride height adjustability just like other coilovers. you will be able to get the EXACT stance you want then if need be, you can raise the car up for inspection and lower back down again after you pass.
    where would i find those

Yeah Ive heard of ppl doing this as well, but my idea of long term is more long term is more like 5-10 yrs. And depends on your towns driving conditions and the persons driving habits. I still believe the AGX's are better suited for a dropped vehicle. For those who just want a quick fix, or dont plan on keeping the car long term, than yes that might workout for you.
    Well if your planning on getting 5-10 years out of struts, all i have to say is good luck with that. Hell, there's a lot of people that don't even get 5 years out of stock struts and can say they ride quality is still "good" enough for them to not be replaced.
    My Stratus is 7 years old and still had to OEM struts, and they were blown to hell when i got the car when it was a little under 6 years old. So i couldn't imagine them lasting any longer as they were already wearing waves in my tires.

Also as far as you considering me replacing my struts with the GR-2's as a quick fix, can YOU honestly tell me that you have had THESE struts - As in KYB GR-2's on you car and they have failed due to lowering springs? Or not lasted long term? It always seems everyone is giving out opinion based response's instead of what has really happened, and putting the GR-2's on a car is no quicker a fix the putting the AGX's on....

I personally have seen the vehicles my friends have, seen the miles they have put on the struts, and know the time length they've had them on there car to tell you these struts CAN handle lowering springs.
    If i wanted and type of adjustable strut or suspension (which is basically the use of the AGX's), i would have manned up and shelled out the money for coil-overs. But seeing the cost of coil-overs would cost about a third of what the car costs i don't really see the purpose in doing it, just as i don't see the purpose of putting a paint job on it that it really needs.
    So until either my car or any one can prove the struts fail on the GR-2's due to lowering, my thoughts and opinions still stand. Then again there may be people out there that has already tried this and they have failed, but i've yet to see the threads. Its all been opinion based. So if there is any proof PLEASE led me to it.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

where would i find those
    do a search on google for TEIN BASIC damper for 2000 eclipse (part# DSR70-LUSS).

screw it all just get bags. Go to any height you want at anytime lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast