The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Almost done!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 22 of 22
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondragon16 View Post
    I am talking about stock manifolds. according to the information I have. the stock 96+ manifold is worlds better then the 94-95 manifold. Which I see you have there.

I'm not trying to get you to buy aftermarket. Hell I don't even want to buy aftermarket. I'm looking for the 4-1 design myself.
    Lol. Ok I was just a little confused by your post. I'm still new to these cars so I don't know what parts came from what years. The car is a 97, but I know the original engine blew and then the owners sold it to the guy I bought it from. I guess he dropped one in from a pre-96.
    You say the 4-1 design is better than the 4-2-1?
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    the best header ive seen so far is off 98 sonata
    I'll have to try and find one at the junk yard..

Andddd, I finished the timing today when I got home from work. It was a pain in the ass getting the belt to sit snug without moving shit from its timing mark, but I finally got it. Rotated the crank by hand a few times until all my marks matched back up. Cranked the car over via key a few times and everything sounds good so far. I'm pretty damn stoked because everyone here made it sound so hard..but it was definitely good knowledge to have later on down the road.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12