The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aftermarket Subs! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    airplane_mechanic09

Icon10 Aftermarket Subs! PLEASE HELP!!!!

hey, I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant. I would like to add an aftermarket sub into my stereo. I am still using the factory Infinity stereo system. The Model number on the amplifier is MR238958. How do I wire a sub into the existing reciever? Thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    if you want to add a sub into the stock radio you will need a line out converter...it allows rca's to be spliced into the stock wring.

heres a link

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_721/Lin...s.html?tp=2001

airplane_mechanic09
    Do you know how I would wire it in? Such as which wires on the line out converter go to which wires on the cable coming from the stereo to the amp?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    it should be labeled as to what you need to wire it to. then you would wire up your amp as per normal and plug the rca's into the line out. for the remote wire, you could tap into the cig lighter power wire since it cuts off when the car is off

You have to buy an aftermarket amplifier to power your subwoofer. You then have to wire A "Line output converter" to the speaker outputs from your factory amplifier to convert a signal to RCA. You have to connect a power wire to the battery with a fuse near the battery and a ground to chassis ground. You will have find out what size wire to run also, 8,4,2 or zero gauge depending on the size of the amplifier you use. You will also need to run a remote turn on lead power that turns on with the key, you can find that behind the radio or at the ignition harness.
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

Best recommendation is to buy an aftermarket amp. The stock amp isn't going to output enough power to give good sound on the subs. Best solution is to get an aftermarket amp and have only the subs wired to it. It's how I did mine.