The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Time at the 2010 Chicago Auto Show... 56K, go buy a new car!

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    RedGalant's :WUB: :WUB: ICEMAN99TURBO's Avatar

My Time at the 2010 Chicago Auto Show... 56K, go buy a new car!

Chicago Auto Show 2010

Giving you a little background, Mitsubishi Motors North America put on a contest to showcase a true owners car at one of the many Auto Shows throughout the country; here is the quote.

As long as the site will keep it up, my winning page put on by Mitsubishi Motors.
    The AutoShowoffContest: Winner

Some of the threads that I put up as far as the voting process and how the 2 weeks went that I was there. Pictures and videos will be posted below if the throughout the thread.

Holy Shit!!!! Vote for me! :boink:

http://www.club3g.com/forum/great-la...f-contest.html

Thank You again for everyone who voted for me and helped me to get to the show, you are very near and dear to my heart.

Here are some pictures that I took of the experience. :D

First night there, Loco took me and the family out to Portillos. Loco, Me, my Mom (Wendy), my Dad (Ron), and our family friend Danny Little

Getting to the show on Friday (Press Day) I was like a kid in a candy store and was nervous about how they had the car set up. Walked in the show, got through the gate, and made my way through Ford, VW, Lexus, Mini, then to Mitsu....I got this..

So as we all stood around and I look through the car, I started my work. ;)

Yea, taken it all in! :mecry: Gloves for all my fans!

Artistic.

Represting Y'all! \/\/side!

Walking around the show... BumbleBee! :D

Buddy Danny always wanted a Corvette, so at Press Day, he got his wish.

Ohhh, so nice!

...Now what would make it even nicer?....:idea:..:naughty:

Nothing wrong with a little itch and scratch! :agreed: :ndance:

How did that threat you? :yesway:

My Dad looking on..

The New Buick Regal GS

Oooooo Caddy!

For the OT HLDers.. :wackit:

.... My next car?! :D

More beauty. :yesway:

I love white 300s!

Ooooo, nice Jeep!

Jeep had a little ride deal going on... Dad and Danny went for a ride....

....I was very busy. ;)

Now believe it or not, but this very beautiful girl is only 23 and my Co Driver Paul and I visited the last 1/2 an hour of the show with her cause she was cold, lonely, and sick of ignorant people trying to grab her ass when they took a picture. :facepalm:

She is very nice and very beautiful, she ever has a BF (:rant:) who's partents (they are from New York) own a cabin in Caseville, MI which is 15 mins from my house.

After a bit of walking we decided to take off and go downtown Chicago for dinner. Mom and Dad went walking around shopping (they have been to the city before, so knew where to go), so while we stopped into our old hotel we stayed at before... Danny and I had a cold drink.

After the 2 days at the show for Press Day, Mom, Dad, and Danny all headed back to MI (Dad had to play in the band that weekend), so I was on my own. ... Opening Public Day!

Stopped and got some cool shots for my video...

This guy was cool, but the girl was kind of stuck up and moved. :takethis:

Couple of nice guys who let me take some footage of them for my video...Talking about how nice the show was.

Back to Mitsubishi!

The AMS Time Attack EvoX.

..You have no idea how many times I went over and fixed the hood for the boys. They had push pin hood latches and people would unlock them to try to lift the hood to look under it. They failed! Another reason why people are so fucking ignorant! :noplease:

For Club 4G!

I loved this Galant! For TGC!

This picture was taken to show you all the owner of the 3000GT that I was up against durning the voting process.

That night, I ended up staying over at my good buddy Eric's (drunkoffjuic) place on the north east side of Chicago. Got there and the opening ceremonies for the 2010 Winter Olympics were about to start, so we ordered in Chinese and kicked back. Eric's bride to be was in the spirt.. :wavey: Lindsey

Day 2...Eric and Lindsey joined me at the show... and look who showed up.

.. few mins later, I got more love!

Group shot.... Eric, Lindsey, Rob (Voodoo), Mitch (can't remember ), Dave (Red Galant), and Me in the middle.

I was in need for my car to get a little love, so I waked up to the Mitsu booth (got to know everyone kind of well while I was there) and I asked a very beautiful young lady by the name of Aretha to stand by my girl. I so loved her beautiful skin.

Eric grabbed my camera and showed some love...

Lindsey and I.

:sneek:

Ohai! :D

The Acura Weed. :ugh:

Leaving the show, Eric got some shots of the Chicago Skyline.

...Me. :p

Day 3....Sunday.

Got some more love.... Loco came with me! :woot: :cuddle:

Not to mention Rick (Toretto-TGC) and Jamie showed up. :fever:

Rick and Loco.

Jamie in my girl... Dirty! :o

Yea.. this is.....

Clip it? I'll help!

Rick and Jamie.

OMG! Sara! Sara and Scott showed up after Rick and Jamie left, poor Rick's back. :(

After the show, Loco and I met up with Scott and Kristina who came up for the show. ...they even brought up Maddy.

Dinner again at Portillos :yum:, and look Jordan showed up! :D

Jordan, Loco, and Maddy

Kristina and Scott. :wavey:

...Ton more pictures. I think I am going to take a break for the night and watch some Tripple D.

looks like a great time wish I could have made it!

Dude your was hot as hell and we had a awsome time there too. love you man way to go.
    Your signature is against the rules too - Prophet

other than the galant being depressing because i know whats under the hood. you got some great pictures. looks a shit load bigger than the car show we just had here. no vipers for us.. did have a vette zr1 and that transformers camaro. but that was it for sports cars

Second Week!

Out of work that Wed and was out in the shed loading the car for the final trip back to the windy city. Got my winter wheels packed ready to go..

I love my NYer, it can fit 4 17" wheels and tires, my custom made ramps (I'm a cabinet maker and need them to get the jack under my low low car. ), and my Snap-On jack.

Back in Chicago, I had to get a few pictures of the Rescue truck that Ford put together for my detailer, he is a Bad Axe Firefighter.

Well, being at the show the week before from Thursday-Sunday, then coming back with my Co-Driver Paul for the later end of the week we got bored and spent more time out and about than at the show.... We ended up meeting up with an old face.. ;)

Eric and I having a few drinks at a local...

Darklink and a couple of his hometown friends.

Our waitress, very very cute. ;)

Darklink (Eric), Me, and my buddy Paul

After a few cold ones, we got hungry.. Well Eric had a great idea and took us to this little burger joint downtown.. Famous for the skit from the old 70's SNLs. Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger! Let me tell you, they were awesome! Tripples with meat and cheese, I couldn't have anything better. :yum:

Fucking.... :drool:

Killing the afternoon drinking with Eric, Paul and I decided it was time to head out and get back to the car and back to the hotel to relax and get ready for the big day...The Drive back!

On the way back we saw a small store/deli and figured we would stop in for our drink and maybe a snack for the room.

Check...!

Cheese and Meat! Check!

Paul showing you how to do..

:yum:

:cheers:

Thug Life NGAs!

Ooops... I forgot that last Saturday of the show... We got a little visit from Kevin (Chaos22) and Alicia (Oke-Doke23).

Alicia loves the camera.. ;) Looks good on my car as well. :D

I think that is Alicia's ass.... for Loco.

Kevin and Paul, in the Outlander saying HI.

Ok...back to the Last day! Paul and I took our time getting to the show cause we knew that we would have a long wait till the car got released (after the show ended at 8:00 PM Sunday night 21st). We stopped at an Auto Zone on the North West side of Chicago to get some wiper blades because we had heard some bad weather was coming in... It was also a good thing that we didn't go and park at where I was parking the whole show cause it was nowhere close to where they were letting the cars out. After running and driving around for 3 hrs I finally got all the info we needed and our papers to get to our loading spot and to even be able to get the car out of the building.

It was around 7:30 PM Sunday night, 1/2hr till the show was closed and everything started to come down. In this time, remember the nice looking blonde by the Ram?
    Quote Originally Posted by Me

Now believe it or not, but this very beautiful girl is only 23 and my Co Driver Paul and I visited the last 1/2 an hour of the show with her cause she was cold, lonely, and sick of ignorant people trying to grab her ass when they took a picture.
    ..Yea this is when that all took place.

8PM came and everyone was being pushed out, I got 1 last chance to talk to a couple of nice guys before the show was over.... and 1 ass. While we were all talking, this guy jumped in and said.... I quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbass
    ...Oh yea, well I have a twin turbo 300ZX that runs 10s, and blah blah, blah, my cock is small and I like men to shit in my mouth.

I was like... ahh, ok!? Kind of shocked that someone had enough balls to jump into a convo with people he didn't even know to show his ignorance. His g/f that was with him (mind you was also very pretty and should have been in my car) was saying "sorry" as she was running to catch up with her piss poor excuse of a man. Still all shocked over what had just happened we said good bye to the 2 guys and started taking things down to get ready to head out.

Remember, the moral of the story is that if you have a TT 300ZX and you try to look bad ass to someone who's car is being showcased at an Auto Show of this scale....you are a fucking jealous tool that probably would fuck his own dad to screw his mom out of a piece of ass.

Figuring we were not going to be getting out of there anytime soon the tear down started and went quick. I helped pull the Mitsubishi plates from all the car as Paul removed the barricades from around my car and waited for the electricians to hook my battery backup. Within an hour we were making our way out of the building and down to the NYer to change out the summer wheels to the winter ones for the 6 hr drive back to MI. Tires took 15 mins to change out and reloaded, as time went on the snow that was falling light at the beginning of the evening was not heavy and wet; we had figured there was close to 6” on the ground from 5PM to 11:30PM. We got on the road, Paul in the NYer and me in the 3G, the snow was coming down hard and fast, travel was about 45-50 mph all the way till we got to the Indiana where it turned to rain. It was around 12:30 and we were just coming in to Michigan City, IN, figured we would stop and eat since we didn’t get a chance to. Stopped into Denny, had a bit to eat and talked about heading home, when Paul said I am a little tired…. But I can do it if you want; needless to say we got a room for the night and figured we would start fresh in the AM.
    …and here is a shot of the “Show Car” in the morning. Wait, what? Show car!?

Again, thanks for everyone who got me to where I am and for the great experience, without you none of this would have happened. Thank you all again, from the bottom of my heart.

Video is in the works. ;)

Cool thread! Too bad most of the pictures already exceeded bandwidth. I'll have to check them out when they are back up.

Congratulations once again, and I'm glad I was able to make it to the show and see your car on display.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Yea, they will be back up soon. Thanks again bud. :)

What I have been working on for the past 3 weeks.... Hope you like it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn3FEWW8xPU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiEftU57pxw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A68eF4-kRvg

I wouldn't say it was too bad for my 1st movie. ;)