The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: best MTX option for 94 2.4

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    briggs

best MTX option for 94 2.4

I'm starting to do a parts collection for a ATX to MTX swap on my 94 7g. I've so far seen options for using a 7g MTX, a 2GT MTX. I'm unsure on two things, a.) can a 1g MTX work as far as same mounts, and is there a difference between the 2g turbo, and non turbo mtx. Basically I wanna put in the best (most robust) tranny of those available.

I had read something about the transmissions having different mounting points. I'm under the impression the 7g has more mounts on the transmission then the 1st gen and possibly 2nd gen. I could be completely wrong about this.

I'm wondering if there are different gear ratio's and which is considered best.

whats with atx and mtx?

but if you search you see that you can use the 2G tranny. and only the turbo tranny because the non turbo is a neon motor and tranny. search please

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i think he meant auto and manual trans-axle.

1g tranny is a no go. it would work, but itll need lots, lots of fabing and a new bellhousing

2g turbo tranny is a go, but youll need the axles as well

2g non turbo is a no go. As Chris said, its a Neon engine.

7g tranny - you know it works too.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    seth has said the 2G turbo tranny has a different gear ratio, designed more for quicker acceleration, even though it's a more powerfull motor as well
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd