The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ATTN: Anyone with a VIS Hood or Trunk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    any update?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    No update yet Krispy, I havent had a chance to compile the pics and send them yet, I have been really busy the last few days, but im hoping by wednesday I will get it done.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    no worries, just curious

you get the pics I sent last week??
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

themadmon
    the trunk will lift up on a carbon fiber trunk if you use the oem trunk springs. you have to fabricate a stopper to remove the flex. the steel trunks can take the extra stretch because of its density but carbon fiber is alot lighter. when you look in the trunk you will see that the oem spring will stop at one point when the trunk is closed but will keep going causing flex. a home depot bracket will will fix that.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by themadmon View Post
    the trunk will lift up on a carbon fiber trunk if you use the oem trunk springs. you have to fabricate a stopper to remove the flex. the steel trunks can take the extra stretch because of its density but carbon fiber is alot lighter. when you look in the trunk you will see that the oem spring will stop at one point when the trunk is closed but will keep going causing flex. a home depot bracket will will fix that.
    Not really that simple. What your saying makes sense in theory but doing it is a different story. You need to limit the upward travel or tension on the hinge when the trunk is closed, using as stop will work but then how would you open the trunk? The stop would interfere. Im in the process of making seperate spring tensioners for each hinge very much like the JDM 8g uses. Once I get it all welded up its only a matter of testing different springs to find out which works the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

themadmon
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Not really that simple. What your saying makes sense in theory but doing it is a different story. You need to limit the upward travel or tension on the hinge when the trunk is closed, using as stop will work but then how would you open the trunk? The stop would interfere. Im in the process of making seperate spring tensioners for each hinge very much like the JDM 8g uses. Once I get it all welded up its only a matter of testing different springs to find out which works the best.
    ok seemed logical for that to be done i didnt watch to see if there was an upward motion also.

my hood is VIS and I don't have any of these fitment issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12