The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to fit 255s up front and stay low.

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

How to fit 255s up front and stay low.

So I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I've never gotten around to it. I'm currently running 17x8.5 +30 offset wheels, which really push the stock fender limit if you don't run stretched tires. Since this car is my daily, and I don't like buying tires all the time, I decided that I will run no more than -1.5 camber up front, this required some massaging and cutting of the fenders. I did it without a fender roller, either way works. Since I have flares covering the area I worked on, I didn't use a roller, if you're going to be leaving the metal exposed, I would suggest using a roller and heatgun and taking a long time, that's the method I'll be using to do the rears when I get some time, however the fenders will look slightly odd being stretched the way they are. If you fuck your car up, do not blame me.
    The tools I used were the dremel with the metal cutting disk

and a hammer

we know that the front fender has an inner lip, which causes rubbing with wider tires/lower offsets. I cut most of the lip out to provide clearance, but also left mounting points for my flares.

Once this was completed I took my hammer and gently hammer the edge of the fender out, essentially flaring it out a bit more, you can see the way it bulges here

here's the fender without the flare on, obviously they aren't perfect but I didn't care since the flare was going on, if you want to make it perfect, use a fender roller

Next, you must cut the flare, or else all of the fender work will have been for nothing, again, you remove the lip just like on the fender

before putting the flare on, make sure to paint the exposed metal edges on the fenders, I did this with touch up paint using three layers just to make sure.

and here is the finished product :)

Repeat for the other side and you're set.
    I will be doing the rears soon, which will involve a fender roller and a heatgun. The goal there will be to achieve between -1 and 0 camber with no rubbing with 235 width tires. I'm currently running -1.8 out back with 235s with no rubbing on cut fender lips but no flaring. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I didn't take too many pics when I did this unfortunately.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I have been waiting for this <3

which flares are these?

^http://www.socalautowerks.com/products.html jdm fender flares, carbon fiber

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

looks good man.. as usual.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse