The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: For you brembo lovers (evo 8-10)

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Experienced TGC Member

For you brembo lovers (evo 8-10)

I was browsing tuners and came across this thread. This guy makes mounting brackets so they will fit on the 2g/7g. here is the thread if you guys are interested. The brackets are made out of steel which would make me feel alot better than having them made out of aluminum.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/hand...on-1g-too.html

Yeah man, thats why I sold my 3000gt vr4 calipers+brackets. I bought these from that guy. The thing with our knuckles is that they need to be shaved. Theres thread in DSMtuners about it too.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/cust...-knuckles.html
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    You guys might wanna check this one out too. He's using brembo calipers from Cadillac CTS-V, no brackets needed.

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218171

Experienced TGC Member
    i just dont see spending that much money on brakes.......... i spent way too much for my setup now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    i just dont see spending that much money on brakes.......... i spent way too much for my setup now.
    you'd have to ditch your wheels too.

I upgraded to brembo's because at the track, and at Deal's Gap I would constantly fade my GSX brakes.
    Pretty crazy when going downhill through treacherous curves and your brake fluid flash boils and your pedal hits the floor like you had no fluid in your master. Once I made it to the resort, my kevlar/ceramic pads were crystallized into uselessness, and my cross drilled and slotted rotors were polished to a mirror shine and rainbow colored like torched titanium. So.... I got new pads, and the rotors were so smooth, that I had to actually get new rotors down the road as the new pads couldn't bite into the old rotors. Crazy.

So I upgraded to brembo's because I had to. I actually use them on the regular. And let me be the first to say, stock brembo rotors and pads... are 10x better than my "best possible" street setup with the crossed/slotted gsx rotors and axxis ultimate pads.

Most 7g guys wouldn't need them though. But damn they look nice.
    Last edited by DOHCstunr; 03-21-2010 at 10:05 AM

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    they do look nice.. i just dont see spending that much

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    they do look nice.. i just dont see spending that much
    i spent 400 for my front and rear. Thats pads calipers lines and rotors. off a car that had 4k miles on it. Thats barely more than it would cost to upgrade the factory pads and rotors with performance pads and rotors.
    and certainly not any more than it would cost to upgrade to gsx calipers pads and rotors.

After I sell my old GSX setup it will more than pay for the JDM knuckes i bought.

Its hardly an investment.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo