The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Am I just that stupid?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Am I just that stupid?

Okay, so i just installed my Megan catback and i have some issues.
    -First, there is a slight rasp to it. Could this be because the gaskets that i put in are slightly smaller than the exhaust itself?

-Second, at the first bend past the resonator where the first "joint" is is rubbing against my car. Well, its more like it bangs against the underbody. All of the exhaust hangers are in use. Any idea why this is happening? This happens when the car is in idle at times; but mostly when running at low rpms (2k-3k range). ((its the elbow in the first pic at the bottom right, hope you guys know what im talking about))

-Third, my exhaust sticks out of the back bumper at an odd angle. Not like the way it does for others i have seen pics of. Or is it right?

So is there something i did wrong? Am I just that stupid to install and catback? Whats going on?

And some random pics....

Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

is the Megan catback over axle or Under axle?

Experienced TGC Member
    Looks to me like it's an over axle.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

As you look at the first picture the exhaust seems to be too far to the right, and im guessing it rubs against the heat shields. Also smaller gaskets will collect more carbon deposits as the exhaust gases get cooler and heavier as they travel down the pipes.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

i didnt have any problems with this on mine, did you reuse the rubber hangers or buy new ones??? i reused mine and didnt have any problems, also what hanger for the muffler did you use?? the one to the left or right??

I am using the stock rubber hangers; it is not rubbing against the heat shields, its rubbing against the underbody; and as for the muffler hanger, i only had one for the tip. When i had my old on put on they may have cut the other one off. Just a possiblity, i dont know.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    maybe you can go to a muffler shop and have them just re align it for ya

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!