Thread: silverstar ultra bulbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

silverstar ultra bulbs

Which ones would be best?

9005SU

9006SU

9007SU

Well I would imagine since your replacement bulbs for low beam are 9006 you should go with 9006SU, but that is just me.

well if you have a 7G it would be the 9006 and 9005. 9006 low beam, 9005 high beam. If you have JDM's I am not 100% about those bulbs. I'd say save your money, or just spend a few more bucks and get HIDS...those Silverstars are a waste of time imo

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    well if you have a 7G it would be the 9006 and 9005. 9006 low beam, 9005 high beam. If you have JDM's I am not 100% about those bulbs. I'd say save your money, or just spend a few more bucks and get HIDS...those Silverstars are a waste of time imo
    Silverstar Ultra twin pack of 9006SU is 39.95 new pair of Apexcone HIDs 25 plus like 12 shipping. It is cheaper.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...parent=85&pg=1

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    What bulbs do we use for the JDM headlights?...I havnt changed them since I got them and thinking on moving onto HID conversion kits.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    What bulbs do we use for the JDM headlights?...I havnt changed them since I got them and thinking on moving onto HID conversion kits.
    Take bulb out and look or search =)

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Take bulb out and look or search =)
    Yep nvm found it thanks

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Silverstar Ultra twin pack of 9006SU is 39.95 new pair of Apexcone HIDs 25 plus like 12 shipping. It is cheaper.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...parent=85&pg=1
    HIDS Are a lot better in my opinion but it would be 25$ for the Apexcone HID Kit + 15$ for the wiring harness, then 12$ for shipping. The difference in the light output is incredible compared to stock, if you go with a good temp. and they look so cool

Don't go with the silverstars. If you want bright halogens, look for philips extreme +80% or GE Nighthawks. The nighthawks are rated at +90%. If you dont know what the "+ #%" means, its a rating. The % number is how much brighter the bulb is compared to a stock halogen bulb. I had the philips and I loved them, not too white but much brighter than a normal halogen.

In my opinion, get a HID kit from DDM.

I have em and hate em...wish I woulda just spent a little extra and get HID's.

Ddm hid kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
    HIDS Are a lot better in my opinion but it would be 25$ for the Apexcone HID Kit + 15$ for the wiring harness, then 12$ for shipping. The difference in the light output is incredible compared to stock, if you go with a good temp. and they look so cool
    You dont need the wiring harness. DDM kits are plug and play. I know I have 3 of them hooked up right now. Seeing as this isnt an HID technical thread I will just prove my point so OP doesnt go out and buy 15 bucks of shit he doesnt need.

That is an example of one of my sets of H1 HIDs and my Fog light H11 ballast.

The 9006 connector as its labeled is universal, there is a wire that into stock harness on the other end of that wire is the 9006 connector. The 9006 connector goes into the ballast ballast has plugs to bulb you turn on lights ballast charges bulb bulb ignites boom thats all she wrote.

Also seeing as OP has 9006 already on his car he can plug stock harness into ballast. Ballast to bulb and he is done. Just as easy as changing bulbs and cheaper then Silverstar Ultras.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 03-23-2010 at 07:11 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    silverstar is ok a little better then the stock all these prices you guys are saying for the hids is crazy but good i bought at a local shop 1st it was the heads i paid $165 installed at a local shop that was just the low beam then another $165 for my fogs and an additional $120 for the hi/low beam bulbs im not complaining but i had the money at the time and i feel it was worth itbut you should go with whatever you can afford or upgrade if you can

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    silverstar is ok a little better then the stock all these prices you guys are saying for the hids is crazy but good i bought at a local shop 1st it was the heads i paid $165 installed at a local shop that was just the low beam then another $165 for my fogs and an additional $120 for the hi/low beam bulbs im not complaining but i had the money at the time and i feel it was worth itbut you should go with whatever you can afford or upgrade if you can
    my first set of HID was $650.00 9 years ago, and i bought 2 more @ $450.00 each for my hi beams and fogs a year later. you guys are spoiled.

I'm not looking for anything fancy like HIDs. I just need something with more visibility than stock. I was planning on getting HIDs but I'm not gonna have the car that much longer:/

i spent 30$ on generic 30+ lights they make it alot brighter

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Danger View Post
    I'm not looking for anything fancy like HIDs. I just need something with more visibility than stock. I was planning on getting HIDs but I'm not gonna have the car that much longer:/
    Its still cheaper in that case and improves value to 18 year old when you sell it. YOU GOT HIDS YO? Haha jk, but still cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    my first set of HID was $650.00 9 years ago, and i bought 2 more @ $450.00 each for my hi beams and fogs a year later. you guys are spoiled.
    ouch

Buy hids now for your car, make a 4300k set. When you get a new car, order new bulbs(just the bulbs) and sell the old ones on here. You get hids both on your new car and old car. Plus you might make some money back. I think its a win win.

[QUOTE=03-Galant-ES;577795]You dont need the wiring harness. DDM kits are plug and play. I know I have 3 of them hooked up right now. Seeing as this isnt an HID technical thread I will just prove my point so OP doesnt go out and buy 15 bucks of shit he doesnt need.

Im sorry, i have an 8g. maybe it is different? That pic you posted is the Slim digital kit right? I have the Apexcone Raptor ballast (not-digital) from ddmtuning and they require a wiring harness. Or am i wrong? i have mine ran thru a wiring harness.

This is the relay on my wiring harness

Last edited by Joshua42007; 03-25-2010 at 06:10 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast