The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Megan Racing Front tie bar

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Megan Racing Front tie bar

So I have searched Club3g and here but has anyone installed a Megan Racing Front tie bar?
    and if so any pics? or can someone tell me where it connects too?
    02 Diamante VRX 5spd swapped
    90 Galant GSX 5spd EvoSpec 4G63 swapped
    01 Sebring GT Coupe (6G75 Powered)(sold)

just looking at it im going to say it goes over the front sway bar, but im not sure exactly

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    just looking at it im going to say it goes over the front sway bar, but im not sure exactly
    See thats what I'm not sure about I have my car on the lift no motor or anything in it yet and I still really can't see where it would go I know it says front tie bar lol still can't see it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lower_tie_bar
    http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...DSC04717x8.jpg
    heres what i found, the picture is off a civic but i think the concept is the same, it bolts to the bottom of the control arms, i dont have a picture of the underside of my car but it might interfere with the front sway bar

The tie bar/ tie rod installs underneath the trunk between the rear axles or front axles, depending on whether it’s a front or rear tie bar.

Rear tie bar will fit, yes and it was made to fit the 2g Eclipse which by the way the 3G/8g platforms uses the similar rear suspension setup. As for the front, no, as it was designed as a different platform (hence the different engine/strut configurations). I'm talking about tie bar made of one bar like an underbrace.

You can ask COMPLX to make one but the way he hadled the 1st GB I'm not too sure about it.

Wesellcarparts.com sells a Megan Front tie bar for 00 to 05 eclipse so I know it will work

revival:

I was on ebay and i bumped into these.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-03...ht_5227wt_1002

I might pick them up if they fit. right now i messaged the seller to see whats up with them.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

i dont trust the universal fit

doesnt fit send it back right? ill see what he says about it.

universal fit. made out of aluminum i dk i dont think it will do much
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

probably not but itll look good lol

It is adjustable. if you can, try and get one that is a solid 1 piece. Strut bars that are solid, are better. If the bar doesn't have a spot to flex, it will be stronger and more efficient.

heres an example, this strut bar can be adjusted.

this one is non adjustable
    Last edited by Joshua42007; 08-25-2010 at 08:58 AM

This thread is about the lower front tie bar not the front strut bar

I searched around club3g and the holes fit fine. The problem is the exhaust flex pipe is in the way. I don't know if they found a way to fix that yet.

I know that, im just speaking for strut bars in general.

Lol i should have done that earlier

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I cant see it helping much being that it probably mounts what, lets say a foot away from the main subframe? How much body flex is really going on down there that close to a giant double reinforced steel subframe? I doubt enough to notice. Its like the rear lower tie bar that mounts to the solid steel rear crossmember, purely cosmetic. Im not gonna lie I like the look of the rear one, but its all for look, not functionality. The old kit that company used to make with a bunch of underbrace bars would help because it braces more of the center of the car which isnt near the subframes.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I would love for some one to check out my car when its jacked up. and wow them with all suspension mods lol

but yeah i agree with you on it mostly being for looks