The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cold Air Intake Build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    Mines

i chopped this short ram up for a 90 degree bend to make the one in the pic below

i used a pep boys 4-3 reducer

this is a injen coldair section from a 2g, u can get the ebay version (its just tubing, same shit lol)

thanks for pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Gal View Post
    yep
    I sent sent you PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    When I had my old 95 Galant...i built my CAI with a combination of a Galant specific short ram intake with a Honda B series short ram intake for a Civic/Integra.

Benefits of a CAI aren't that significant unless you have a really built motor which still gains aren't that significant. Power gains are only on the upper RPM range when your motor is sucking in huge amounts of air.

Either or..its still a performance modification, you will still gain some power as its much less restrictive than the OEM air intake system.

Here are a couple pics of my old CAI on my old 95 Galant.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

yo i stole my CAI design from dat, oh thx for the headers, still look better on ur ride lol, i bought them from PREDAT-R i thing via u

Proto
    Via me ;]

oh ok, i forgot dude

So I attempted it today but I did ran into trouble , for now I have short ram intake I'm trying to figure out how to fit CAI in there. First some pics with progress.

The whole plan was:

TB -> 2.5" to 3" reducer -> 3" Pipe -> 3" Coupler-> MAF -> MAF ADAPTER -> Another 3"Pipe -> Cone Air Filter

There is reducer on TB and pipe with place for vacuum hose. it seemed already to long so I did cut it later on.

------

There is pipe with MAF and MAF adapter hooked up , its before I cut down the piping.

Close up of MAF with the adapter.

-----------------

So I shortened the pipe and hooked it up with cone air filter. I ran the car to try out and it drives smoothly without any check engine or choking. I will post problem with fitting another pipe and how I wanna fit rest of the piping but I'm not sure if its gonna be CAI or just Hot Air intake but just extended Ill post the rest later on tonight.

I think the OE intake will be better IMHO iam puttin the stock intake back on mine. I mabey keep the upper elbow piping though, im doin this also to reduce tha loudness of my muffler:), thinking i might put a resonators back on the exhaust too but if i do that i might jas well take that can off the back
    Any how dont do short ram, just rout piping under the car for a true cai to get the most out of it
    Last edited by koji464; 03-30-2010 at 09:10 PM

Thats what I ended up with today , I dont have a garage and it was getting late so I had to wrap up... Its short ram intake for now but I definitely want CAI

------

Now what do I have to do in order to fit one more pipe in there to make CAI out of it.....Do I have to remove whole battery tray?? or move it to the side?? but is there battery gonna sit there stable?? Also I do have a huge space to the left from a battery but that would have to be custom shape pipe or flexible pipe to put it around battery. Also I dont know how much colder air is in that spot.

------

you can move the battery over more

The original position of the battery tray is closer to the fender, mine sits right against the side there already. And my battery tray was a pain in the ass to get out, I wonder how whoever moved yours managed to get it secure in that location.

Once you move it over, there will be all kinds of space to put your CIA pipe in.

u see the hole in the middle, on the left side of the battery tray, well move the tray all the way over and use dat one screw hole, it will hold fine, no prob wit mine in a yr. then use pics to do the CAI part. our u can just go to my youtube tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FKJhr5tyrg

I will check now and try to take out the battery tray and move it all the way right next to the fender. I'm pretty sure there would be lots of space for CAI if Ill do that.

I got it , its just that one bolt on the left and you can slide the whole tray. Thanks for all advices and support , thanks for MKO and I think no one should any questions again about CAI after looking through this thread.

cool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12