The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: whats wrong with this picture?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

whats wrong with this picture?

whats wrong with this picture?

and the head....

Last edited by wrakd; 03-22-2010 at 11:27 PM

Cant see all I see is there is an issue with piston #3 or 2nd from the right.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    they're too small, that's what's wrong! LOL

But on a serious note, try to put up larger photos so we could check out what your situation is.

hah...you guys are quick i was still putting it up

but dudes yeah...my shit is totally f*cked too bad I couldnt take a picture of the damage the rod did to the block its def over .5mm deep it sucks but I guess the upside is....NEW MOTOR!

pictures come out right here:
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3314804/2

Quote Originally Posted by wrakd View Post
    hah...you guys are quick i was still putting it up
    Haha I like live on here you gotta be quick :) Umm I see the issue now there is no piston in #3 like I said and looks like carbon or metallic build up on 1, 2 and 4

but dudes yeah...my shit is totally f*cked too bad I couldnt take a picture of the damage the rod did to the block its def over .5mm deep it sucks but I guess the upside is....NEW MOTOR!
    So you getting evo engine? :)

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    looks like #3 on the cylinder head isn't too.. healthy.. lol

and 4G63T... yummy. *licks lips* though i think some guys are doing 4G64 block and internals with 4G64 head? I don't know for sure though I'm not a 4 cylinder guy

dam yea i wish i could get an evo engine....but funds are short on an unexpected breakdown like that probably buy a re-manufactured bottom end and swap the stock pistons out of it with wiseco or manley

get a new stock head for now maybe with an AEM cam gear or i dont even know
    i was looking at these blocks ones a core and ones built stock spec check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-4-D...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITSU...Q5fAccessories

what do you think ?advice is appreciated thanks

wheres the piston head on #3? I only see the wrist pin and rod....

its crazy but apparently it shuddered.....i found the piston in pieces in the bottom end i couldnt even rotate the engine to get to the flywheel bolts to pull the motor out...

the piston pulled a houdini lol

So you're planning on a rebuilt bottom end, why not drop a few hundred more buy yourself an early xmas present and dohc swap it as well. You're head looks shot too from what I can see and I imagin piston 3 is what I see all over 1, 2 and 4

yeah pretty much but stock evo heads are at least 1000 bucks all stock.... plus you need other crap probably... it wont just learn how to spin two cams itself right

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Wooooo $1000.00 where are you looking buddy? Sorry about what happend to the motor...and yeah it seems to be that cylinder # 3 is well...completly dead.lol but if you look around Im sure you can find a good priced Evo head.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...item563a87fb0a

You have everything out and taken apart already why not buddy? Its really not that hard and not as much as you think it is.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Wooooo $1000.00 where are you looking buddy? Sorry about what happend to the motor...and yeah it seems to be that cylinder # 3 is well...completly dead.lol but if you look around Im sure you can find a good priced Evo head.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...item563a87fb0a

You have everything out and taken apart already why not buddy? Its really not that hard and not as much as you think it is.

thats just the bare head. He still needs the valve cover, intake manifold, sensors, throttle body, timing belt, radiator neck, adjustable cam gears. $1000 is on the low end of the price spectrum. It will cost closer to $1500 for a complete head.

yeah an evo head is like an ultimate upgrade, but for that much money im rebuilding the whole motor i think i can stick around with the SOHC head for a little longer until I have more cash for the evo head swap...but nothing stops me from building the bottom end thats why I was looking into good ass pistons cuz i know the rods and crank are forged... but its sorta hard to find pistons for a stock spec 4g64 SOHC

OoOoOoo I see now, I was only thinking about just the head itself.lol

yeah an evo head is like an ultimate upgrade, but for that much money im rebuilding the whole motor i think i can stick around with the SOHC head for a little longer until I have more cash for the evo head swap...but nothing stops me from building the bottom end thats why I was looking into good ass pistons cuz i know the rods and crank are forged... but its sorta hard to find pistons for a stock spec 4g64 SOHC
    Pistons you prob wont find anywhere since they have to be costum made for our motors unless someone out there already has it done and decided to sell it. I would go with CP Pistons if your going with forged pistons...they are good. Just take things slow and make sure you know what your doing, I really thing you should wait if you can...just to save the money and think about what you want.

what I want is this kit with the ross pistons ::

http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...itsubishi.html

in a stock block and tweak the head a bit...cam gear, steel valves, oil lifters.....
    and when i get enough cash again..turbo

btw Galantfan88 where did you get that RPW camchaft you got

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast