The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Idle control sensor

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Idle control sensor

Guys my check engine light came on about a week ago and i plugged it to the computer and its showing the idle control sensor which makes sense due to the following problems

When the car is cold and i drive off when i switch from any gear to neutral because im stopping the car will not hold idle it will go down to 500 rpm and up to 900 rpm and then it go down and choke. Sometimes it will go up to 1700 and then down to 1000 then back up and back down.

Any pics that can show where its located so i can change it

Thanks
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Lower part of the TB has a connector going to it. Thats the ISC
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

briggs
    I had the same problem not too long ago. I ended up taking a few of them a part thanks to me local salvage. I'm willing to bed the problem are broken gears in the IAC. There is a metal plate on the side of the IAC (located below the throttle body). If the plate is removed there are three two plastic gears which actuate the air flow. Go to a salvage yard pull a few apart and pull the good gears (they probably wont even charge you for it). Then inspect and replace the gears on your IAC. If you wish I can probably take some pictures.

yep! had the same exact problem 2, hes right goto a salvage yard and get one. remember u gotta do a correct start up for it set right again, start with all power things off like a/c, lights, radio, anything that draws power found from the battery. turn them on one at a time and let the rpm settle back at 800 b4 turning on the next one

idle speed control

code says it's the control
    idle is at 1500,it hesitates sometimes and the fans come on and stay on
    tech told me it could also be the pcm any truth?

go get a idle control from the junk yard first

i had same problem on yours too.... i brought 1
    angelnids

*Galant Viento 1996 V6 24V 6A12 Engine 5 Speed Manual Trans*