The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Seafoam?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Seafoam?

Any one ever use the stuff?

Any results from it?

Blog Entries
    I've only heard of good results from it...my husband, brother-in-law, uncle, and a friend of mine all use it and they all love it

TGC Regular
    I had a bad experience with it, used it on my Ram D50 and caused some problems. Prolly cause it was so old and had some bad valve seals which caused me to burn oil when I first started up. But after I used the seaform, it cleaned the build up in my cause it started smoking like crazy. After about a week the truck started miss firing, but it was still drivable. After driving it like that for a few more weeks the miss firing got worse. I could start the truck, but it ran rough and when I put it in gear it would die. Before the seafoam it ran great. I made to Atlanta and back without a problem and it was my daily for a little over a year.

I've used it on every single car for years never had a problem with it, it has been known to unhide problems that are there, because of gunk/carbon build up breaking lose and can start oil leaks etc... I use it bi-oil changes.

Just did it today on my bravada shit works really really well.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Where do I put it?

Pvc valve?
    Fuel tank?
    where else?

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Danger View Post
    Where do I put it?
    Garbage can.

crank case
    fuel tank
    and directly into the intake manifold by the brake booster hose

i used it and it worked good
    Last edited by LatinoX20; 03-27-2010 at 04:53 PM

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    you should only put it in the crankcase if you plan on getting you oil changed soon because it makes your oil all nasty

1. I have heard both good and bad about it. Looking around on sites, talking to people, and reading the can's instructions it tells you to let the stuff sit in the engine for a time period that can be from a few minutes to thirty minutes based on people's ideas. the problem with this is that I have heard that it bonds with carbon of gaskets and when you start the car up parts or gasket and carbon can be blown out causing oil pressure problems. So I had a mechanic friend suggest using B12

2. My car was dying on idle after coming to operating temp. after testing the alternator many times I finally agreed to use the b12 (I was skeptical). anyway we put a third into the brake booster vacuum hose, a third into the oil cap, and a third into the gas tank. Make sure to have someone keep the car at 3000 rpm so it does not stall while doing the procedure it could be hard to start again. while doing this smoke will come out of the tail pipe. when the smoke is gone tell the driver to hit redline and let car idle for a minute. fixed.
    ***make sure to get an oil change in the next week or so, you can see what's in your oil***

(also, if you have that click, click, click in your engine, use either mobil 1 or eneos 5w-30 oil, I switched to eneos and click was gone immediately, good luck)

here is a pic of the bottle it was 4 bucks at auto store, I also had a co worker with same problem Kansas has dirty gas so her car was stalling too.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Garbage can.
    that's good one! lol hahaha
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here