The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2002/2003 8G Front Bumper Swap To 99 8G

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    ND4SPD2000

2002/2003 8G Front Bumper Swap To 99 8G

Hey People,

I have a question, does anyone know if I can swap my 99 Stock Grill and Front Bumper to a 2002 Front Bumper and Grill?

Is it just a simple bolt on? Can someone give me some ideas and pricing on how much all this will cost?

Thanks.

Jesus Jardon
    Orlando, FL
    1999 Mitsu Galant ES

I doin't think it will be a simple bold on for this reason. The 1999-2001 are a 1 peice grille the 2002+ are 2 peice. it hasn't been determined if the mounting slots are in the same place. if they are in the same place then the swap shouldn't be hard. you just have to get teh 1999-2001 Front bumper along with the grille.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

why would tou want to switch bumpers? i think the 2001 and up as waaaay too much plastic on it. the 1999 and 2000 have a sweet aggressive look to them. but, to each their own.

first of all, all the 8g bumpers covers are pretty much plastic so u can't compare it that way.

but yea you should be able to tackle the swap. ur gonna need the bumpers grilles uhm the trim pieces like for the grilles near the fog etc etc but yea shouldn't be a too difficult swap, just make sure u have all the parts.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

wow....i have never met anyone who actually WANTED the 2002 front end...cool

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

Censee
    i dont think it will be as easy....i have a 02....and i owned a 99......there is a bolt that goes on the metal frame.......sorta like a hook type thing to latch on to the 02 bumper......when i installed the body kit i had to cut that off to make it fit.....i have bumper and grille in my garage........u will have to fiond that metal piece that bolts to the frame and bolt it on......look in the pic below,,,u will see. the metal piece inbetween the ehadlights...and also i dont think the 02 grile have the same mounting points as the 99 grille,,i think ude be better off getting a kit....(bumper)

Censee is right..

Here is a pic of me cuttin the metal piece off...

2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

sorry for bringing up an old post but i was wondering if going from 2003 bumper to 1999 feisible? will all kits have to require sawing for the 2003g?

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    no need for apologies. atleast you looking around and not REposting the same questions over and over.

anyway, look at the picture above your post. he has an 02 going to an aftermarket kit. its the same if you wanted to go from 02-03 to 99-01. you WOULD have to cut off that metal piece. but no worries. Its not a major part of the frame that if you cut it, its gonna jeopardize the integrity of the bumper or car. its just an extra mounting point because the 02-03 have that extra piece up there. I think this is a great idea being that I absolutely hate the front end on 02-03. i have an 03 myself.

good luck and post pics of your progress if you can.

...U N D E A D...

BlankMan
    Yah - going from 02-03 to 99-01 you'll need to cut the bracket Censee & ChromeGalant mention. Other than that, the innards are the same - though there are 2 bolt holes either inside of the headlights you might have to drill. Here's a comparison of Censee's '02 and my '01:

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeGalant

Even though the angles are different, you can see the basic frame structure is about identical. Theres only 10 bolts total to remove the whole thing - hardest 2 to get at are on the inner most in the wheel wells, you have to remove the plastic splash gaurd/trim from the fender to get to them...just time consuming, really.

J