The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: free wheels! should I???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

free wheels! should I???

i was just wondering if i should put them on the G just to hold me over till i get some cash for volks. they are free from a friend of mine that got new wheels, he had them on a 98 eclipse. they are 17" motegi dpk. not sure about the lug pattern or the offset. so idk if they will even fit. just wondering your opinions! thanks

oh here they are
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

If they were on a 2G Eclipse they will fit. May need slightly larger tires unless it already has 215/50R17 or 225/45R17 tires on them.

i think he said they had a 205/ 45/17 on them believe it or not... i will get new tires as he told me the tread was not plentiful.. but do you think they will look good on an 8G?
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

should look just fine.

thanx for quick reply and opinion. I'll go pick them up tomoro!
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

I think they will look pretty good. Plus, they are free.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

In the pic they look really good and for free its even better go get them mount them and post some pics.

4g64T 5spd

free is always good! i will do it all tomoro weather permitting, it rained all day today..... they are used tho so i may want to get them painted or reconditioned somehow... not sure of the condition.. i def wanna lower it asap too i will post pics as soon as i can!! thanks for the input guys...
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

i would most defenitly do it i would love to find free stuff for my g. you must live close to me because it rained here all day also, do you live in tn.

Depends on what rims you currently have. but these would probably look good....

no im in MO.... stl to be exact... but i made a lot of generous friends on purpose..lol and right now im on steelies so its a def yes to anything else!
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

my mato : take anything free but a STD

those would make great spares.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    my mato : take anything free but a STD
    hahahaha, nice!

I'd rock these in a heart beat over steelies. take'em and take some pictures and post them.

Hell, worst case, ill buy them from you and pay the shipping.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

i have a few ?s

well my buddy had a pretty busy day so we couldnt get together to get the wheels but he is sure to get them to me tomoro... i will post pics asap. thanks for the suggestions guys i am really ready to start the modding process... so i will ask a few ?

i saw that tjones156 is running sprint performance springs and i would like to do the same until i save for the coilovers. do those springs just fit right in place of the stock or do you need new struts... and i also read that springs that drop your car will eventually ruin you dampers. what exactly are the dampers and why do they ruin them? thanks guys i appreciate any help!
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Yes any lowering springs designed for 99-03 galants and 00-05 eclipses will fit in OEM struts, It is recommended to get new shocks/struts but not a most when you buy lowering springs. Lowering springs will ruin your dampers (aka shocks/strut) are the same, because OEM shocks neither KYB Gr2's nor AGX's are designed for drops bigger than 1.5" and they will eventually fail.

4g64T 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    those would look sick 8g were meant 4 a 5 star type rim

blue8g
    u goin to meet tmrw?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast