The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alternators

Showing results 1 to 1 of 1

Alternators

So I did some searching for alternators for the G and it popped in my head I wonder if 3G uses the same as 8G

So far what I found interesting is that the 3G alternators have more amperage, 2000-2002 2.4 says 90amp 2003-2005 2.4 says 95amp for automatic.

My question is will they fit? Our 85amp one isnt cutting it anymore and I dont need 160-220 as I dont like sound systems :), but a stronger alternator would be nice.

I searched and found threads that said they should fit so I just wanted to confirm that they will fit our cars. Also what I found interesting is the 90 amp ones are cheaper then our 85s and the 95amp ones are 1 dollar more haha

I would imagine that since our cars call for the same serpentine belt I don have to worry about that not fitting lol.
    I think I am gonna stop at autozone and have them pull a 2005 2.4 eclipse and a 2003 2.4 galant alternator and look at the differences. Anyone have experience with using an eclipse one that would be great to know it works.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 03-25-2010 at 10:58 PM